End Of The World 2012?

Nave

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, I've heard of that too. It's even mentioned in Quran and some other religious books. But I never really believed it (and don't want to). It's just a myth. We'll talk about it on 01.01.2013 if this forum will still remain!:D

December 22nd, 2012 should be sufficient

Back in 1000 AD farmers didn't plant crops because Christ was about to return. Famine was bad in 1001..

There have been predictions of the same type every few years ever since, for various spurious reasons and crackpot theories, and it hasn't happened yet!

I know it ain't gonna happen for a while. Somebody read my palm recently and said I'd settle overseas when I was 68!!

2012 doesn't mean the end of the world. I've heard from an imam (because this is said in Quran too) that 2012 does not mean end of the world. Just a big catastrophe in which about 90% of mankind will die. I don't believe it myself, but it's strange how people believe these things with such strong faith.:doh:

Is there certain date on which that "event" will take place, or just sometime in 2012?

December 21st, 2012 is the end of the Mayan Calendar and the end of Timewave Zero. Depending on what brand of 2012 speculation you're dealing with, it's the important end date.

Seek the kingdom of God and you shall not have such worries. Only Jesus Christ saves.

Uhhmmm... Yeah. That. :doh:

If I seek the kingdom of god, can I beat cancer?

Nah... I'd rather seek the kingdom of rationality and science.

Only Jesus Christ saves... give me a break. You're trying to tell me if I don't worship some purple unicorn I won't have any worries. These jackass apocalypse monkeys are gonna kill all of us one of these days because of their childish inability to see this reality.

You're trying to tell me if I don't worship some purple unicorn I won't have any worries. These jackass apocalypse monkeys are gonna kill all of us one of these days because of their childish inability to see this reality.

But, but, the purple unicorn is the savior of all humanity :P. It died for your sins you know.....

And, it's not a purple unicorn, its actually an invisible flying dragon that lives in my garage :D.

Jesus saves, and takes half damage

:D LOL

But does Jesus have improved evasion, that way he would take no damage (role playing joke for those that don't get it).

But back on topic:

The Myan Calender is cyclic, that is ther eis not end it just restarts from the beginning again. One cycle ends in 2012, but that is not the end of their calender.

It is a bit like lookng atour calender and seenig that the last month is December and therefore concluding that the world will end on December 31st because there are no months after that.

People think it is special because there are several cycles in the myan calender and all these minicycles all end on that date. But we have the same phenomina in our own calender. We have the cycle of the months as well as the cycle of the days of the week. And in 2005 the cycles of the week matched the ending of the cycles of the moths. December 31st was on a Saturday (Sunday is suppoed to be the First day of the week), the ending of the cycles matched, it must have been the ned of the world! I slept in on that day and so must have missed it :doh: .

There is nothing special with the Myan calender cycles ending on 2012, just as there was nohting special about our calender cycles ending in 2005.

Uhhmmm... Yeah. That. :doh:

If I seek the kingdom of god, can I beat cancer?

Nah... I'd rather seek the kingdom of rationality and science.

Only Jesus Christ saves... give me a break. You're trying to tell me if I don't worship some purple unicorn I won't have any worries. These jackass apocalypse monkeys are gonna kill all of us one of these days because of their childish inability to see this reality.

How were you created? And how did the universe come into place? Why does the anatomical system operate as it does? Why and how did insects and animals come into place? Why is a bee called a bee and an elephant called an elephant? Why do you have a brain, a heart, lungs, a pancreas...? Why are ears for hearing and eyes for seeing?

Seek the kingdom of God and you shall have no worries. Remember, only Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, saves.

I'm not telling you to quit science. I am telling you to be a believer.

cheers.

P.S. yes, you will get to beat cancer, if you seek the kingdom of God.

And for the record... Why did the world continue on for so long, just to end in 2012? Have your ever questioned yourself? It's in the nature of human beings to question their surroundings.. So, don't be shy.

Seek the kingdom of God and you shall have no worries. Remember, only Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, saves.

I'm not telling you to quit science. I am telling you to be a believer.

cheers.

P.S. yes, you will get to beat cancer, if you seek the kingdom of God.

Uhhmmm... Yeah. That. :rolleyes:

Physia, I'd like to point you to section two, rule #8 before you keep going.

Why, thank you. Sometimes you just have to keep saying something until it is well understood. Once that fact cease to exist, then a rule like the one you pointed out may actually work ;).

You can say something over and over, just not in the same words, and it won't make a difference than saying it using the same words; will it?

Just my opinion,

cheers.

Uhhmmm... Yeah. That. :rolleyes:

How was science created?

istockphoto_872321_mayan_calendar

uk2005cl.jpg

You know, in the stone age, making calendars that extended to infinity (i.e., by banging rocks together, arranging boulders, or with charcol, or squashed berries, or by baking some clay) was kind of hard.......

The calander in my watch doesn't go on forever either, and it has a powerful computer chip behind it, but I doubt that there is any cosmic significance behind where it does end......

So, maybe the Mayans just got tired of extrapolating the days into infinity with their somewhat limited implements.

Or maybe they simply gave up at 2012 because they couldn't fathom trying to chisel any farther than that into the future.....

How was science created?

By a purple unicorn, of course.

DrDNA: Interesting point. You seem to think that the method by which calendars were created by the Mayans had some impact? Could you elaborate? I think your point may have serious merit, but I'll give you enough rope to potentially hang yourself before I decide. ;)

DrDNA: Interesting point. You seem to think that the method by which calendars were created by the Mayans had some impact? Could you elaborate? I think your point may have serious merit, but I'll give you enough rope to potentially hang yourself before I decide. ;)

Thanks! I think.....:embarass:

I simply meant that it is a fact that it was difficult to make calendars with the technology they had at hand.....so their calendars probably should not be expected to go on forever.....so where should one expect them to end?

I know that if was making a calendar out of rocks, I certainly would not try to make it go on to infinity........

That said, I believe that I did read somewhere that the Mayan calendars go BACK some million or millions of years.......but I believe that my point still has merit.

I simply meant that it is a fact that it was difficult to make calendars with the technology they had at hand.....so their calendars probably should not be expected to go on forever.....

I thought that's what you said, and it makes sense. Tough to validate empirically, but logically has significance.

That said, I believe that I did read somewhere that the Mayan calendars go BACK some million or millions of years.......but I believe that my point still has merit.

Me too.