End Of The World 2012?

Nave

not including 9/11, all those events killed 100,00 people or more: thats not so common

im not saying i believe in that stuff, but it seems to fit.

Except that's probaly just an artefact of the number of people alive and in those areas, rather than actual severity. It's like how shark attacks have been on the rise for decades. The raw probability of any person getting attacked is the same or even less (now that many sharks are endangered), but so many more people go into the water than before that the net number of attacks is higher.

Mokele

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about 2012, but I do hope you join us on the first "Thomas Merton pilgrimage to Italy" in January, 2008 (40 years since his death and 75 years after his life-changing trip to Rome, where he first got the idea "I'd like to become a Trappist (Cistercian) monk"). Accomodations can be found at the Domus Sessoriana (http://www.domussessoriana.it/), the sole structure in the world to have been built inside an imperial roman residence transformed into a Basilica, the Basilica of Santa Croce in Gerusalemme which contains the relics of Christ - the first Christian church opened by the emperor Constantine and his mother, Helen. Within the premises of the Cistercian Abbey Complex there is also the opportunity to have an in-depth knowledge of the cultural and religious features by organising a tour with our qualified archeologist at the Museum of the Monastery, the Cistercian Vegetable Garden, the Basilica of Saint Cross in Jerusalem including the Chapel of Saint Gregory and Saint Helen, concluding with the Relics of the Passion of our Lord.

• 2 months later...

On December 21st, 2012, the earth and sun will be in alignment with the Great Rift of the Milky Way (i.e. the center of the galaxy)

If nothing else, this is an interesting astronomical event.

Not that I believe anything significant will happen in 2012, but I thought this might be an interesting addition to the thread.

Interesting to see that the sunspot cycle will be peaking at roughly the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think the end of world is 2012.

no one know when end of world excepy God.

even most Holy human on earth doent know.

End of World is secret god only. Human only know signs of when it approaches.

I think we must check and validy and verify this information.

It possible this make up by persons dont have responsible to ruin world.

If the world is ending in 2012, then do I still have to worry about my street being clogged up with traffic from the olimpics?

It ammuses me greatly that no-one is yet to define the end of the world yet this is a 6 page thread already.

If the world is ending in 2012' date=' then do I still have to worry about my street being clogged up with traffic from the olimpics?

It ammuses me greatly that no-one is yet to define the end of the world yet this is a 6 page thread already.[/quote']

Consciousness singularity resulting in the destruction of the universe!

Hmm, actually, I think that's slated for around 2045

• 2 weeks later...

I read the beginning, missed the entire middle and saw the end of this thread (coincidentally much like my study methods for an exam) but from what I understand and this comes from Reiki masters which makes it ok since this is a pseudoscience thread anyway.

Apparently, there was "energy" shift that started a decade ago and will reach its peak in 2012 (if anyone know what "energy" they're talking about I'd love to discuss the difference between the scientific definition of energy and the stolen definition of energy they use). There will be the unawakened, the awakened, the enlightened and the unenlightened. And 2012 will mark the beginning of a new era where the enlightened will fix the problems of the world (or something like that) And then ona separate note there's somethin called indigo children (named because of their alleged blue aura) and the these "indigo children" have been coming in increasing numbers since about the time of the beginning of this energy shift. And they are supposed to be enlightened in some way. now, I knw this all sounds crazy and I have a hard time listening to it, but I guess it's better to keep an open mind and really I'm just relaying what I know maybe it will be of some use to somebody. And really I can welcome any of it if it's true as long as I don't have to become vegetarian. :P

Forget 2012. I've been observing the sun for the past few months. Sadly, the hours of daylight are getting longer every day and soon - I predict within 12 months - Earth shall be burnt to a crisp. Every living thing shall die.

Forget 2012. I've been observing the sun for the past few months. Sadly, the hours of daylight are getting longer every day and soon - I predict within 12 months - Earth shall be burnt to a crisp. Every living thing shall die.

Maybe because we are coming out of winter..... Unless you're being sarcastic.

How can you say that? EVERYONE knows that global warming is FACT, they just don't realize how serious it is and how quickly it will exterminate us all. ;)

Everyone does not know and the length of sunlight per day does not have to do with global warming. The length of sunlight gets longer each day after winter until fall when they start becoming shorter. This is a natural process.

and
Everyone does not know and the length of sunlight per day does not have to do with global warming. The length of sunlight gets longer each day after winter until fall when they start becoming shorter. This is a natural process.

Actually I was being facetious, not sarcastic ... illustrating absurdity with absurdity.

Those left-wing environazi pseudo-scientists who would have us sign on to the Kyoto Protocol are using the gradual warming of Earth after an ice age in the same way I was using the gradual lengthening of daylight hours after winter to purposely mislead the 'dumb-masses'. ;)

...two super volcanos are suppose to explode' date=' one in the states and one in india....

--[/quote']

considering that both of those two are giving warning that they will erupt in the next decade that is more than possible. the thing is we are still suffering the freeze from the last one 74000 years ago. if both of them go off, they could very easily cause the earth's tempature to fall below the thermal runaway point, which is the point where there is enough ice to reflect more energy that is required to maintain the tempature of the earth. its happened before.

• 1 year later...
even nostradamus predicts 2012...and incase nobody has noticed...isnt the weather acting kinda strange recently

Nostradamus didn't predict much at all. He wrote some rhymes that have been variously translated, and then wild conjectures have been based on them by people who are trying to sell you something!