Tachyon Energy

mansamusa

Can we extract energy from it [a Tachyon]?

"Tachyon" does not fully define a particle, so there is no unique answer to this. In principle, "extracting energy from" Tachyons should not be too different from "extracting energy from" particles that move with |v| < c.

If it exits, is there any possibility that super massive Black Hole slow it down under the C?

No. Again, that's not so different from "regular particles" that cannot be "accelerated" to |v|>c in a black hole. The mass of the black hole should not play a role in this, anyways.

Tachyons are particles. More precisely: Tachyons are defined as particles that have a speed greater than c. That said, we are talking about the word for something that, to our best knowledge, does not exist. So the same name "Tachyon" may be used for other fantasy products, too (e.g. there is no guarantee that the term "Tachyon" in the context of Esoterics refers to the same thing as in Physics - but that of course already is the case for less exotic terms like "Energy").

Edited by timo

1352470201[/url]' post='712503']

Tachyons are particles. More precisely: Tachyons are defined as particles that have a speed greater than c. That said, we are talking about the word for something that, to our best knowledge, does not exist. So the same name "Tachyon" may be used for other fantasy products, too (e.g. there is no guarantee that the term "Tachyon" in the context of Esoterics refers to the same thing as in Physics - but that of course already is the case for less exotic terms like "Energy").

Taking the issue of this theoretical (or should I call it imaginary?) particle called TACHYON further, I would draw the attention towards every day experience of each & every human observer that human imagination's speed is faster than photons. Can this 'IMAGION' be the missing theoretical particle who is being called TACHYON at present & if this theoretical 'IMAGION' could be given a 'mathematical garb' followed by predictions (based upon the mathematical outcome) then scientific experiments could be set up to prove or disprove the predictions re. this theoretical 'IMAGION' ?

1352551511[/url]' post='712620']

!

Moderator Note

chandraputa,

If you want to talk about whatever that was, please open your own thread in Speculations.

Thanks. I do take your point but if you care to note the thread in question to whom my subsequent 'joinder' thread was connected to, then it will not be found out of place. However, as I said earlier I am very conscious of not putting speculative threads here. Due regards!

Taking the issue of this theoretical (or should I call it imaginary?) particle called TACHYON further, I would draw the attention towards every day experience of each & every human observer that human imagination's speed is faster than photons. Can this 'IMAGION' be the missing theoretical particle who is being called TACHYON at present & if this theoretical 'IMAGION' could be given a 'mathematical garb' followed by predictions (based upon the mathematical outcome) then scientific experiments could be set up to prove or disprove the predictions re. this theoretical 'IMAGION' ?

Ha.

my experience is different.

as to the point: tachyons are related to negative energy, no? and to reverse time.

• 1 month later...