zero gravity

alpha2cen

Are you talking about the case when two sources of gravity exactly cancel out each other?

I'm aware of 2 instances of this in nature:

The 1st is what we call the langrange points between any 2 orbiting bodies. At the 5 lagrange points the gravity of the 2 bodies neutralizes and allows anyone at this point to stay relatively at rest without falling towards either body.

The 2nd is theoretical in that I think it would only work in a planet-sized hollowed-out sphere. If you were within such a sphere, the gravitational faces exerted by it's inner arc should cancel out exact, leaving you free-floating.

Regarding your question, I don't think there would be any difference between a space where gravitational forces neutralize one another and a place where there is no gravity at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes the person wouldn't feel anything.

In the case of a person in orbit (feeling of weightlessness) vs a person under 0 net acceleration from gravity are different. A human dies under 0 gravity I believe, especially adults. Either instantly due to blood over-rushing to brain and oxygen delivery problems or a slow death from indigestion due to severe endless dizziness.

In the case of a person in orbit (feeling of weightlessness) vs a person under 0 net acceleration from gravity are different. A human dies under 0 gravity I believe, especially adults. Either instantly due to blood over-rushing to brain and oxygen delivery problems or a slow death from indigestion due to severe endless dizziness

Do you have any kind of citation for this piece of nonsense?

In the case of a person in orbit (feeling of weightlessness) vs a person under 0 net acceleration from gravity are different. A human dies under 0 gravity I believe, especially adults. Either instantly due to blood over-rushing to brain and oxygen delivery problems or a slow death from indigestion due to severe endless dizziness.

The astronauts who went to the moon seem to have survived.

• 2 weeks later...

These are symptoms of zero atmospheric pressure,not zero gravity.