Murdered / Dead Scientists

Omni

Looking at the first link... uh... it lists roughly 70 scientists, all of whom died in the past 8 years from homicide, suicide, and accidents... I notice skimming the causes.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "just coincidence". People who are born do, coincidentally, end up dying. Is a list of dead scientists coincidental? No, I think it was bound to happen.

Iggy, not everybody realizes that currently, globally we have:

1.78 deaths per second

107 deaths per minute

6,390 deaths per hour

153,000 deaths per day

56.0 million deaths per year

3.9 billion deaths per average lifetime (70 years)

(source)

There are people who still think that 70 people is a lot. It's not. In the USA alone, there are 5.5 million people registered as "scientific, engineering or technical" (.pdf warning). Based on that, I would estimate that at least 100,000 of such people die every year of whatever cause.

According to wikipedia, about 12 people per 100,000 die of suicide every year in the USA. So, from the statistics I would expect that in those 8 years as much as 96 scientists/engineers/technical people would have committed suicide. That's not yet counting the homicides and accidents.

So, a conspiracy is born easily if you ignore the statistics. But the statistics say that there's nothing to see here, and we should all move along.

My advice: don't count like "one, two, many".

It would be suspicious if all of them were working on secret government projects or something along those lines. These just seem to be random science professionals. xD

Edit: No. 90 scientist (in the first link) looks like a very old Jeremy Clarkson to me.

Edited by Iota

Who is John Galt.

Character from Atlas Shrugged. I don't get the connection either. Ahhnold asks about (or maybe he's posing as) Alby Bach in several of his movies, including The Terminator (Come with me, if you want to live.)