Happy Tau Day

imatfaal

Ah but Capt - I am willing to suppress my Englishness (I am a Londoner born and bred) and my desire for correct date positioning for the the greater good of tau day. I think you will find the Europeans are in a significant majority in this thread!

Ah but Capt - I am willing to suppress my Englishness (I am a Londoner born and bred) and my desire for correct date positioning for the the greater good of tau day. I think you will find the Europeans are in a significant majority in this thread!

Do you suggest that tau day transcends the Great War on Correct Date Positioning? ZOMG!

No sir, if you are not with us, you must be against us. Only the Eternal Battle for the Use of The International System of Units is greater than this.

Tau Day is only the beginning. Next, they will tell us to measure distances in miles.

*hides behind a Frenchman*

Ah but we still do measure our road distances in miles and our beer in pints - the UK is the fifth column whether we like it or not; these are imperial units and are the only vestige of the empire left. I work with a New York Company so I never, in business, use anything other than putting the month as a word (or Tla); I am waging a losing war to get all my colleagues to do the same.

Thinking about it - the things I measure most are road distances, beer, cooking ingredients, and pressures in my bike tyre (I am a little obsessive about keeping correct pressure) - and three out of the four I use imperial. However if I had to manipulate the calculation of distance, beer, or pressure I would switch to SI straight away.

AUGH Vi Hart. Get out of here! She's that classically beautiful, musically talented, highly intelligent, perfect, adorably nerdy girl from high school that I always wanted to be.

*spits on the ground*

Well, someone has issues. Hello, hi.

However if I had to manipulate the calculation of distance, beer, or pressure I would switch to SI straight away.

I will manipulate beer tonight, but I will probably only convert that beer into methane by tomorrow morning, not SI.

I fear we are going off topic though.

Back on topic: thanks all for posting humorous movies about Tau, and making my Friday a happy one.