Hardware Mods

the only Mod I`ve done that`s non-essential is on my A1200 Tower.

when I was in Russia I saw a pair of neat little sound to light LED Bargraph circuit boards, so I brought them and fitted them into a spare 5.25 blanking plate, and then wired them up to the audio mixer inside `puter.

now when I play any music on there, I get a 2x 12 led peak level display :)

yeah, I know, I should get out more! :))

I have to say , i seen a really good custom made case, it was made entirely from glass, so it looked really elegant, it didnt have any wokny curves. only straight lines and edges. and thats about it. really liked it. probably the only one i have so far

if your woried about wires inside the computer you should see the wires on my floor!!!!!

to be honest though, i like having wires around me, dunno why, just do! looks nice and reminds you of modern technology, well not really, i just like it!

i mean, i dont have coils of wire lying around, but i wouldnt go out my way to hide a wire when it has to go somewhere anyway!

"if anyone other than your fren or family saw ur pc, they wouldnt think ur were "cool". they would think you were some crazy obsessive person."

i dont think so, they might think it looks nice, but an uneeded waste of money, but hey, it looks nice so why not?

• 6 months later...

I like this:

compmod.jpg

idea!

As for me this:

dell.jpg

Is now this:

mycomp.jpg

(There's a CD/DVD drive at the very top and the silver thing is a floppy drive)

Basically attacked the front side of it, so now the back 2 fans can draw a bit more air in from the front... next thing to do is attack the case with a drill to get some vent holes and maybe make a see through side (cut out side of current case, stick on new colour plastic covering gap), or add a fan in it's place.