Hardware Mods

hardware: the physical components of a computer system

mods: aka modifications (i dunno how to define that - you know what i mean!)

so what im trying to get at is hardware, this thread is not about software mods, patchs, add-ons or coding, purely the physical case, components, wires etc.

hardware: the physical components of a computer system

mods: aka modifications (i dunno how to define that - you know what i mean!)

so what im trying to get at is hardware, this thread is not about software mods, patchs, add-ons or coding, purely the physical case, components, wires etc.

i thought it looked quite cool, there are thousands of cases which you can get though, im sure you'd fine one you liked.

to me, if you have the money they're quite cool things to have, but as it is ive just got a r/c ferrari enzo (which is f***ing fast) and im building up to another 512MB RAM stick, so im ok with my default black/grey case (dell).

i thought it looked quite cool, there are thousands of cases which you can get though, im sure you'd fine one you liked.

to me, if you have the money they're quite cool things to have, but as it is ive just got a r/c ferrari enzo (which is f***ing fast) and im building up to another 512MB RAM stick, so im ok with my default black/grey case (dell).

Never really understood mods. I mean, sure, they're cool looking, but why? I have a tower with like 8 ports in the front, 4 USB, a USB hub like like 8 more, and Ive got 1024 ram with 3 more open slots, so Ive got plently of room to expand. I wouldnt mind having the ugliest box ever, but as long as it runs like I want, I would love it. :)

"It's what's on the inside that counts" :D

Never really understood mods. I mean, sure, they're cool looking, but why? I have a tower with like 8 ports in the front, 4 USB, a USB hub like like 8 more, and Ive got 1024 ram with 3 more open slots, so Ive got plently of room to expand. I wouldnt mind having the ugliest box ever, but as long as it runs like I want, I would love it. :)

"It's what's on the inside that counts" :D

That's a very common response. My retort would be why not? It's not much different to using desktop wallpaper - it's just something that some people like to do.

That's a very common response. My retort would be why not? It's not much different to using desktop wallpaper - it's just something that some people like to do.

ive got an intel pentium 4 2.53GHz processor, so nothing special really.

mossoi, do you not have any CD drives, or DVD, or floppy or zip drives? because from those pictures of those cases, it doesnt look it.

I mean, I understant why people do it, but for me, it's just not really necessary. My computer is beneath my desk, so it would be just about useless. I might get a water cooler system in there, but my box doesnt bother me. Sure, if I won something like a free new box, I wouldnt turn it down, but for the mean time, mine doesnt bother me. :)

its just a cool add-on which looks good. its like whats the point in neon lights on your car? it looks good, doesnt save money and doesnt make the car go faster or improve performance?

it all comes down to looking good and having the money to do it.