what are silly questions???

You need to calm down and understand that lashing out like this will only get you suspended or banned. Posting any question you like may not break any rules, but the way you're treating responses is trolling, which IS against the rules.

Also, ALLCAPS is considered shouting for typed work, it is therefore considered rude so it's probably best avoided.

Asking questions which are obvious "is the sky blue?" of course a far more interesting question would be "why is the sky blue?"

So far my post have had some people say this, I would like to know more on how to avoid these comments coming from other people's BIG MOUTHS HERE"

I WAS ASSUMING QUESTIONs WERE JUST QUESTIONS...

THANKS

There are several things that could help.

1. Don't pretend like you are just trying to improve communications when in reality you are simply looking for a way to yell at others.

2. Know your audience. If they know more than you do try not to let your communications sound like you know more than they do. If you are unsure who is more knowledgeable, instead of speaking with absolute confidence, speak in terms of 'it seems to me' or 'I read somewhere'.

3. Don't call things 'facts' unless you are confident you have the references to back it up.

4. Don't ask questions on a science site that could be answered by someone in kindergarten.

5. Be the bigger person. If someone is rude to you and you are rude back, you both look immature. If they are rude to you and you overlook it, they look immature and people think more highly of you.

6. When someone apologizes, accept it with grace.

7. Probably the best way to keep someone from saying you are asking silly questions, is to NOT ask silly questions. If someone says what you are saying is silly, your first step should be to look at what you said with a critical eye and see if you can determine why the person said that. If you think they are wrong ask them to clarify why they said that. If you still feel you are right defend your position.

8. People on this site expect you to be accurate in what you say. 'Never' means never. It does not mean 'hardly ever'. Be precise.

9. Make sure your words have meaning. If you use a term like 'pure darkness', it should either have a widely accepted definition, or if the term is only meaningful to you, then define it in your post.

These are just some ideas of course, but you get the idea.

That I, too, consider useful ideas in general.

3. Don't call things 'facts' unless you are confident you have the references to back it up.

Not to mention that even in that case the only "factish" about the thing is the fact that it is claimed in the reference you have - which doesn't necessarily make it true, either.

... oh, and of course you may have misunderstood the reference, too ...

4. Don't ask questions on a science site that could be answered by someone in kindergarten.

Why not?

8. People on this site expect you to be accurate in what you say. 'Never' means never. It does not mean 'hardly ever'. Be precise.

9. Make sure your words have meaning. If you use a term like 'pure darkness', it should either have a widely accepted definition, or if the term is only meaningful to you, then define it in your post.

I wholeheartedly agree with that. But I am realistic enough that it takes a certain level of education/experience/scientific training to be accurate. So I do have some sympathy for being lax with expressions (despite complaining about it all the time :P).

thanks I will make sure I do this next time, this was very helpful...

1. Don't pretend like you are just trying to improve communications when in reality you are simply looking for a way to yell at others.

2. Know your audience. If they know more than you do try not to let your communications sound like you know more than they do. If you are unsure who is more knowledgeable, instead of speaking with absolute confidence, speak in terms of 'it seems to me' or 'I read somewhere'.

5. Be the bigger person. If someone is rude to you and you are rude back, you both look immature. If they are rude to you and you overlook it, they look immature and people think more highly of you.

6. When someone apologizes, accept it with grace.

7. Probably the best way to keep someone from saying you are asking silly questions, is to NOT ask silly questions. If someone says what you are saying is silly, your first step should be to look at what you said with a critical eye and see if you can determine why the person said that. If you think they are wrong ask them to clarify why they said that. If you still feel you are right defend your position.

These are just some ideas of course, but you get the idea.

Why not?

Well, among other reasons, a staff member is liable to call it silly and lock it.

You are welcome. I've found that speaking on a forum like this takes some time getting used to. One of the biggest problems I've found is that it is difficult to convey tone of voice and body language and it is therefore easy to misinterpret people or be misinterpreted. I've learned the hard way on most of the suggestions I've made.

No matter how hard you try you will find that sometimes you will annoy someone, and someone will annoy you. It's no big thing. If you just drop it and move on you'll find this site to be a great place to learn and sharpen your skills. It's been that way for me. :)

Being friendly and thanking people when they help you is certainly a good thing. We are all knew to this kind of thing at some point and we all make mistakes the trick is to learn from them, from this it looks like you might be capable of doing this, which always pleases me.

What if something crazy happened and the Earth was annihilated and the only trace left of our species and civilizations was a jump drive embedded in a rock containing the following video that was then found by aliens in the far future?

P.S. That's an example of what I might call a silly question. Want more examples? <-- Itself an example.

Jeez Louise!! That was TWO YEARS AGO!! And I offered you my Little Orphan Annie Secret Society decoder pin!!!

That pin won't protect my eyes from zombie brain blowback! Twin sawed-offs and those goggles were my whole plan, man!

yes already someone here told me about Latex for professional looking math formulas, I had no idea about this, now I am going to learn this, and hopefully explain many things much better about time because I have always questioned what is time "really relative to" and another is that I "think" a tensor has two sides.

Because I saw this comb and water experiment and how negative electrons from someone's hair made water bend when the comb was placed next to the running water...

Using pure logic I said, the water is trying to follow space time curvature in circles like half of bubbles floating on water but following the curvature of water waves kinetic energy!

I said this must be what time is relative to, it is 1/2 of time in itself!

But I may be wrong.

To visualize this model I created this example here, I still am working on how to scientifically have this understandable.

But here it is anyway..

[-e] = a negative electron from the water "Dynamic Electricity"

[+e] = positive electron from the "dry" comb "Static Electricity"

The numbers of 1 2 3 4 5 etc, are all hours or time or even seconds connected to the + and - electrons, only every other one is + or negative. Time is constant I think and is moving kinetic energy from the - and + electrons within its domain of precession, I think.

1[-e] + 2[+e] + 3[-e] + 4[+e] + 5[-e] + 6[+e] + 7[-e] + 8[+e] + 9[-e] + 10[+e] + 11[-e] + 12[+e] = 1/2

I think this may be why the comb made that water kinda curve but in a reverse way like pulling it in the opposite direction.

Now in regards to the above i think this is why derivitves always = 0, hence comb and water were side by side..

I read something similar here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permittivity

Something about Permitivty Convergence.

I need to learn latex ASAP! Thanks!

Well, among other reasons, a staff member is liable to call it silly and lock it.

You are welcome. I've found that speaking on a forum like this takes some time getting used to. One of the biggest problems I've found is that it is difficult to convey tone of voice and body language and it is therefore easy to misinterpret people or be misinterpreted. I've learned the hard way on most of the suggestions I've made.

No matter how hard you try you will find that sometimes you will annoy someone, and someone will annoy you. It's no big thing. If you just drop it and move on you'll find this site to be a great place to learn and sharpen your skills. It's been that way for me. :)

uMM, I didn't see the video, looks a bit to scary LOL! but thanks you win #1 for the best examplelaugh.gif

What if something crazy happened and the Earth was annihilated and the only trace left of our species and civilizations was a jump drive embedded in a rock containing the following video that was then found by aliens in the far future?

P.S. That's an example of what I might call a silly question. Want more examples? <-- Itself an example.

But I may be wrong.

That realization is a huge step, and puts you ahead of many people. It's important to realize, and also know that when people point out mistakes it's not personal. Most thoughts, especially when thinking about complex scenarios are going to end up being wrong.

I know the road ahead for me is going to be exciting, long and a challenging at any age I become, because I am very stubborn with my self, but open minded to learn anything that can help me understand "for me at-least" the most difficult thing of this world...And that is what is really time? whom made me? what is the purpose my life? I think science holds the answers because my parents tell me it was all created by god, but whom created god then? No one can tell me at all... I hawover, do belive we have a creator, I just don't know who that "really is."

They tell me I think too much,, HA!

Thanks Sir.....

That realization is a huge step, and puts you ahead of many people. It's important to realize, and also know that when people point out mistakes it's not personal. Most thoughts, especially when thinking about complex scenarios are going to end up being wrong.