Sudden appearance of small blue dots in my vision

10 hours ago, Davidson Buchholz said:

I started seeing fixed blue, white, and purple orbs or dots. They only last a second. I've also seen a man with glowing blue eyes in the middle of the day.

This is common in the Amazon region, where a slender fish called a candiru can swim up your urethra and make its way to the visual centers of your brain, stimulating visions of this type.  You will die within a week or two, so best get yourself to a doctor immediately.

Not trying to scare you, but regular checkups are important.  Also, avoid Tic-Tacs, which can cause hallucinations, leukemia, sarcoidosis, liver failure, night blindness and tooth decay.  

Finally, DO NOT GO TO ONLINE FORUMS FOR MEDICAL ADVICE OR COUNSELING.  Cheers!

1 hour ago, TheVat said:

This is common in the Amazon region,

And seeing men with glowing blue eyes during the day is common in both the Amazon and the Netflix regions, where people binge-watch Chris Pine movies instead of working.

• 3 months later...
On 7/16/2019 at 6:28 AM, Jimara said:

I started getting the "Blue Dots" or "Blue Sparks" in 1994. They would startle me at first. I thought maybe it was from using the computer and messing up my vision.  Thru the years, I have also seen Red Dots. And occasionally purple, yellow dots. But they are mostly Blue or Red.
I'm wondering what they are. Not many people have this visual defect. These are like small spark-like dots. They last a few seconds then fade away. They stay in one area and disappear. They are not floaters. They don't follow your eye movement like floaters do.
I still get them. What are these?

Did you find out 

• 5 months later...

These two facts concur. I have faithfully prayed 4 prayers each day for at least a couple of years. One of the prayers is The Prayer to St. Michael. In the past few months, I have seen the little blue dot appear only in the left eye. It is there, then gone. It happens almost every day. Sometimes more than once a day. 

1 hour ago, Md65 said:

These two facts concur. I have faithfully prayed 4 prayers each day for at least a couple of years. One of the prayers is The Prayer to St. Michael. In the past few months, I have seen the little blue dot appear only in the left eye. It is there, then gone. It happens almost every day. Sometimes more than once a day. 

The Prayer to St. Michael has nothing to do with the blue dots. It must be one of the other three prayers. What are they, and in what order do you say them?

• 5 months later...

Hi

I am an ophtalmologist myself. I have experienced blue dots in my vision since about 4 years. They seem to be similar to what many other people here describe. They are "LED-light" blue. They suddenly appear and disappear so rapidly that it can be hard to remember/notice where they were in the visual field or how many they were. They seem to come at just any time  and they are not related to headache or stress. Maybe they come more often in relaxed states, but I am not sure about that. These blue dots are definetily not "floaters", floaters represents things floating around in whitin the eye's vitreous cavity, e.g in vitreous detachment. These blue dots are not similar classical visual phenomena in migraine, and I do not have migraine. I have no illnesses, such epilepy that also kan cause powerful sparks. An occipital epilepsy's visual phenomenas are also usually described a little bit differently.

The scientific explanation to these experienced dots must be some kind of spontaneous signaling from either the retina, the optic nerve, the chiasm, the optic tracts or the brain.

So far I have not managed find the description or explanation of these blue dots in standard books of ophthalmology, neuro-ophthalmology or by looking for studies/published  studies. If someone has, please drop the reference.

I have had my retina and visual fields examined to make sure that there is no obvious pathology in my visual pathways. I also checked my blood pressure. Everything is ok.

I don't know why these blue dots show up and I have not had any MRI brain scan (which I sometimes have had thoughts about having done... just in case).

However, it is comforting and calming to me to find that by googling chats like this one many other, seemingly healthy, people seem to have had the same blue dot experience for years, sometimes for decades - and they are still being alive and seem to be going strong. So my best guess is that seeing blue dots represents a benign visual phenomena.

/Björn, Sweden

1 hour ago, Bjurven said:

Hi

I am an ophtalmologist myself. I have experienced blue dots in my vision since about 4 years. They seem to be similar to what many other people here describe. They are "LED-light" blue. They suddenly appear and disappear so rapidly that it can be hard to remember/notice where they were in the visual field or how many they were. They seem to come at just any time  and they are not related to headache or stress. Maybe they come more often in relaxed states, but I am not sure about that. These blue dots are definetily not "floaters", floaters represents things floating around in whitin the eye's vitreous cavity, e.g in vitreous detachment. These blue dots are not similar classical visual phenomena in migraine, and I do not have migraine. I have no illnesses, such epilepy that also kan cause powerful sparks. An occipital epilepsy's visual phenomenas are also usually described a little bit differently.

The scientific explanation to these experienced dots must be some kind of spontaneous signaling from either the retina, the optic nerve, the chiasm, the optic tracts or the brain.

So far I have not managed find the description or explanation of these blue dots in standard books of ophthalmology, neuro-ophthalmology or by looking for studies/published  studies. If someone has, please drop the reference.

I have had my retina and visual fields examined to make sure that there is no obvious pathology in my visual pathways. I also checked my blood pressure. Everything is ok.

I don't know why these blue dots show up and I have not had any MRI brain scan (which I sometimes have had thoughts about having done... just in case).

However, it is comforting and calming to me to find that by googling chats like this one many other, seemingly healthy, people seem to have had the same blue dot experience for years, sometimes for decades - and they are still being alive and seem to be going strong. So my best guess is that seeing blue dots represents a benign visual phenomena.

/Björn, Sweden

In photography it would be called 'non-image forming light'.

• 7 months later...

Hello. I experience these blue dots whenever I do some yoga asanas. I twist my spine, breathe deeply, stay there for up to 10 deep breaths and can notice the blue dots appear and disappear when I go out of that pose. It's quite interesting because whenever this occurs my mind becomes quiet for a short time.