NATURAL SELECTION THE LAST FRONT LINE OF. SCIENCE

exploration

I know I'm just feeding the troll but for the purposes of those who might end up here via google:

Natural selection is a very simple concept.

1) Due to random mutations in genotypes, there's a range of phenotypes in a given population.

2) Due to a myriad of environmental parameters affecting that population, certain phenotypes are more reproductively successful than others.

3) The genotypes of the next generation (and thus the heritable portions of the phenotype) are influenced by this differential success and thus the population, through generations, evolves.

This theory has been tested in a scientific framework countless times, with even more replications, by thousands of people all over the globe and not once has there been a result which significantly rejects the fundamental principles of the theory. That's an exceptionally large body of support... however if you or someone else could find an empirically supported alternative that better explains our large body of observations, demonstrate that it works and how it works - it would mean all us evolutionary biologists would have a fair bit of hat eating to do, but on the flip side it would make it a very interesting time to be working in the field. :)

Has anyone gotten an answer to a question you asked of exploration, or has it just been this dramatically punctuated preaching?

Can anyone parse this

"NATURAL SELECTION the last said so SOPHISTICATE MISSILE in the hand of scientists launched against REALITY . "

in a way that actually makes grammatical sense?

Reality could be the target of a specifically named warhead. "SOPHISTICATE MISSILE" actually does sound like something that could exist in the US arsenal.

I think he's saying that natural selection is the last bastion of science and that everything else is already false.

could be wrong though, english skills of a drunk scotsman

That works so much better if you remember to put capital letters on English and Scots as well as at the start of the second sentence.

Incidentally, I think I know what he meant to say. I'm just trying to work out what was meant by what he actually did say.

Soon shall it be the fall of SCIENTIFIC EMPIRE .

The collapse of NATURAL SELECTION DOGMAS_the pseudo scientific religion ...

!

Moderator Note

exploration: Read the rules. Follow the rules.

Since there is no offer of discussion here, the thread is closed.