Sci-Fi movies or watever movies

GR TSAKI

I noticed that there isn't a topic with ski-fi movies here so i've made it post the movies you like

Here I start:

1. Babylon 5 "old school babe"
  2. Stargate, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe
  3. Star Trek the original series, Deep space 9, Star Trek 2010 movie
  4. Star Wars
  5. Battlestar Galactica

I am currently going back through the entire five seasons of Babylon 5. It is my favorite SiFi series, and unlike the other series, it actually made it through it's designed five seasons. That is significant.

Also, the one thing that makes Science Fiction successful is its ability to make human interaction a focal point of the stories. B5 does this very well, the Liberty vs Conformity being the primary one.

I'm noticing a lot of things I misses when I originally watched the series.

I thought Chris Ecclestone was great - present one is good (frankly anyone other than colin b and sylvester mccoy). But like Sean Connery IS James Bond - Tom B IS Dr Who

I thought Ecclestone started off kind of slow and then left when he really started to get the feel of the character. I just wish I got the show where I live and didn't have to try to find it on Netflix or on the internet and could actually watch it on TV.

Am I the only one who gave up on SG-Universe? I tried, I really did, but it got nonsensical.

Why in Gods name would the Alliance think that an aging and decrepit starship that cannot be controlled (and even if it could would take millions of years to get back home) and is a definite one way trip is even worth highjacking?

Add to that we know that in each episode the brilliant scientist (with a serious God complex and other psychological imbalances) will discover something and keep it to himself thereby risking everybody. We know that the computer nerd will somehow save the day. And most of all, we know that the politicians daughter, in spite of previous experience and overwhelming evidence to the contrary, will not believe that she is a complete clueless moron and will disobey instructions and get herself into a life threatening situation that she must be saved from.

Seriously, a lot of time, effort and manpower would be saved if she were simply locked in a room with a single guard outside who has "Shoot to kill" orders if she tries to leave. Certainly a lot easier than having large chunks of the crew tied up trying to find and save her later.

Edited by JohnB

My favorite one is "Cowboys and Aliens"..Fabulous sci-fi thriller movie.

Cowboys & Aliens is a science fiction film that deals with the attack of aliens, on a town known as Absolution, which lies in Arizona. The film is set in the year 1873 and starts with showing a person, walking through this hostile kind of territory.

Edited by Phi for All
Link removed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

TV:

I have just watched every episode of Eureka and Warehouse 13 ever made and these were the best sci-fi shows I have ever seen. Of the Star Trek series my favorites were Enterprise and Voyageur, the Original and Next Generation were fine but the above two made me feel . . . . Honorable mentions The Edison Twins and Sliders. I hadn't watched Firefly, but Serendipity was win.

Movies:

This is so hard because I've seen every movie ever made but . . . .

- Cube

- Moon

- Children of Men

- Resident Evil

- Time Travelers Wife

- Close Encounters of the Third Kind

- 2001: A Space Odyssey

• 3 weeks later...