Ninjas

atinymonkey

Has anybody noticed that amazon.com sells ninja supplies? Kind of weird.

“Twist the handguard to retrieve 2 throwing stars. Scabbard houses a battle tool and two 8 1/2" mini tantos (Kodzuka) and a throwing knife that can be attached to the scabbard tip, allowing it to be used as a spear. Scabbard can be used as a snorkel. Overall Length: 33 1/4". Blade Length: 23". Blade Thickness: 3/16". Blade material: 420 J2 Stainless Steel with a black finish. Handle: Antique copper plated cast metal guard and pommel. Push Tang (1/2 Length) construction. Scabbard: Aluminum.”

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002GSLJO/sr=1-12/qid=1097245905/ref=sr_1_12/103-3990105-1068663?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=3375301&s=sporting-goods&v=glance

Heh, ninja stuff is fun. Too bad EU has something against throwing stars though (I can't figure out what, they are so fun :P ).
Just a tip: any sword that is only $80 is only fit to decorate your wall. Not that there is much else to do with them, short of mayhem, but I like to collect weaponry that won't break the first time you were forced to use it.

Throwing stars (shaken) are fun but not very accurate. Knives (shuriken) are more accurate but require more practise. Swords are fantastic for cutting your own leg off, unless you're willing to practise every day. Not having that much time to invest (lazy), I prefer the spear (yari) or the staff-mounted blade (naginata). Longer reach is the key, never let a ninja within 3' of you, I always say. Pointy-end toward the enemy, keep it between them and you.

I don't like lethal weapons. Its more fun to pummel your opponent, give them a chance to heal, then do it again :)

Ninja is pretty cool, ever get to see Jet Li's Shaolin documentary? Those guys are nuts.

I think the craziest thing is where they have to stand on two posts, holding a candle, or jar of water (don't remember) with knees bent, back strait. If you fall backwards, there is a pointy wooden stick waiting to poke you in the rear.

Heh, ninja stuff is fun. Too bad EU has something against throwing stars though (I can't figure out what, they are so fun :P ).

Er, I can answer that. Apparently none Ninjas were getting hold of the shuriken and foolishly using them on boards. Naturally, not being Ninjas, more often than not the shuriken would not hit home. Occasionally, and this caused the concern, the shuriken would rebound on the hapless none-Ninjas and lodge themselves in squishy none-ninja flesh.

The European Leaders and the Ninja council got together and agreed not to sell shuriken to the public, on account of the public not being awesome nor sweet.

Throwing stars (shaken) are fun but not very accurate. Knives (shuriken) are more accurate but require more practise.

Actually to be wholly accurate, shuriken all small throwing type weapons. I think shaken are those ninja wheels, which are a bit silly but awesome none the less. But not to be confused with shuriken, which is a generic term.

I know this to be true, because my pal Harry had a brother who once met a man who went to Japan. Apparently. Although Harry did tell me that dog biscuits were what ninjas ate so they could see in infrared, which I tryed and it turned out not to be true.

Actually to be wholly accurate, shuriken all small throwing type weapons. I think shaken are those ninja wheels, which are a bit silly but awesome none the less. But not to be confused with shuriken, which is a generic term.
This is positively, ninja-lutely true. Shuriken is a collective term for all the ninjas throwing darts, knives, etc, which I simply wanted to point out was not only the little spinny, wheely things that Hollywood has ninjafied.
Although Harry did tell me that dog biscuits were what ninjas ate so they could see in infrared' date=' which I tryed and it turned out not to be true.[/quote']Harry's owning stock in the biscuit company would have tipped off a true ninja. Although they were said to have chewed on rawhide bones while walking through walls. Understandable, really, what with the splinters and stuff.

I know this to be true, because my pal Harry had a brother who once met a man who went to Japan. Apparently. Although Harry did tell me that dog biscuits were what ninjas ate so they could see in infrared, which I tryed and it turned out not to be true.

I really hope that you just forgot the sarcasm tag.

[sarcasm]everyone knows that ninjas eat bull testicles to see infrared[/sarcasm]

• 2 weeks later...