Land on the Moon

Mad Mardigan

Hard to believe they'll register your claim for an acre with mineral rights' date=' do all the certification AND give you a map with an actual X on it to mark your plot, all for only $29.95.

It just seems too good to be true.[/quote']

Phi, I just bought the Andromeda galaxy for 10 bucks.

Waiting for a "time warp" to get there.

does anyone want to chip in when i buy out the rest of the milky way?

oh come on.... what a joke! this is stupid..... what idiot thought that it would actually work, no one will listen, plus by the time we settle on the moon - if we ever do - then they'll be dead [probably] and the land will have been forgoten or deliberately ignored.

Phi' date=' I just bought the Andromeda galaxy for 10 bucks.

Waiting for a "time warp" to get there.[/quote']Whoa, you scored big time! Been thinking of wintering there in the future. Got a spare room?

Do you think anyone is likely to put these deeds in their will and tell their children about it so someone in the family strikes it rich... you know, whenever?

Sounds like a great party gift. Another gift, which could score you big points with your significant other, is to name a star after them.

don't you have to discover a star to name it?

the site talks about how it can do sell land on the moon because people claimed land in history. didn't you actually have to go to the land to claim it?

don't you have to discover a star to name it?

It's just a novelty gift, not an official name. I imagine that the land on the moon thing is just a novelty gift as well and I can't imagine too many people taking it seriously. I don't think anyone has any more right to sell moon land than they have the right to sell you the atlantic ocean.

if it is a novelty gift, then why not use mswor or some crap like that and make a document stating that the owner of said document owns x amount of land on the moon? that would cost much less

True, you could go in business for yourself while you are at it. I bet there is still some land on Mars you can sell.

Correct me if i am wrong, but it has been my impression that to claim ownership of unowned land you must actually go there. Sounds to me like the United States of America must own the moon, being the only country to actually send people there. But appearantly the US doesnt own it because of a UN resolution that was created before '69 in which the US forfited all rights of ownership, probably in fear the the Soviets might get there first. Even so, I think the US still has some admisistrative or governing privliges over the moon. But the US did land there first, thats our flag on the surface, so i think the United States should own the entire moon. And we should paint a giant American flag on the surface!

The chinese seem to think that they will send a man on the moon in the next decade, i wonder if they have permission, or it might be trespassing...

Even so, I think the US still has some admisistrative or governing privliges over the moon. But the US did land there first, thats our flag on the surface, so i think the United States should own the entire moon. And we should paint a giant American flag on the surface!

Well, the USA is a signatory of the Outer Space Treaty 1966, so tough luck.

hell, i could sell whole galaxies or even clusters while i am at it. i could make millions, no, billions, no, trillions.

*Cue Gyrfalcon Maldron dropping out of a hyper rift to take your liver, explaining he bought it on Ebay while apologetically slicing your stomach open.