Kerry's Purple Hearts

-Demosthenes-

I simply removed the piece of metal by lifting it out of the skin with forceps. I doubt that it penetrated more than 3 or 4 mm. It did not require probing to find it, did not require any anesthesia to remove it, and did not require any sutures to close the wound.

The wound was covered with a bandaid.

WITH A BANDAID!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WITH A BANDAID!

Are you actually listening to what anyone here is saying? Kerry went to Vietnam to serve his country, got shot at and all, and purple heart or not, that commands respect! I was going to say that I can't believe you'd be hung up on such a stupidly trivial issue, but of course this is what Bush is counting on.

I liked how you quoted yourself - it reminds me of someone running around screaming "I can't hear you!!" whilst covering their ears.

Yet, no one can hear me.

I hear you, my dad has a purple with a star, which means 2 wounds, from Vietnam. Wounded will in combat by a mortor shell that exploded in front of him causing him to lose 80% of his hearing in one ear, 30 % in the other, sharpnel wounds in head and back. It required surgery to remove some of the metal in his head and back, most of it remains there. Now is a band aid wound worth the same as that?

i am sorry to hear of your father's wounds. my dearest sympathies are extended unto both of you.

my father served in the second world war. he never got a purple heart for the time a hatch closed on his ankle. he was mildly rewarded for saving a nearby fleet by warning them of an attack once. actually, he was left to die on an island at one time but he swam back after finishing his duties... war blows

War does suck, I have a great grandfather burried in Normady, many relatives of mine have went to war. My oldest brother served in Iraq for 1 year and 1 month doing raids and guarding crap. He has a compound disk fracture in his back from jumping over a wall chasing an arms dealer, no purple heart for it, just a bad back / tilted pelvic bone, and a leg that pops out of joint now. That is why I dont like Kerry using his medals to help him. He once threw his, or someone elses medals over the white house fence. Those medals represent all soldiers that fought for this country, and he threw them away.

I hear you, my dad has a purple with a star, which means 2 wounds, from Vietnam. Wounded will in combat by a mortor shell that exploded in front of him causing him to lose 80% of his hearing in one ear, 30 % in the other, sharpnel wounds in head and back. It required surgery to remove some of the metal in his head and back, most of it remains there. Now is a band aid wound worth the same as that?

Not good enough. Nope. Bush did better!

Did he drop the mortor shell? Was it enemy fire? Are you sure? Are the documents fake? etc.

Doug, this entire Forum thing is about people expressing their opinions. Sure it is an opinion. Thats a given. Anything that someone just spouts in a chat room or internet forum, or driving down the highway is an opinion.

Sorry, didn't realise you needed a crayon map.

Not good enough. Nope. Bush did better!

Did he drop the mortor shell? Was it enemy fire? Are you sure? Are the documents fake? etc.

If Dolly Parton married Tommy Smothers, then went even further back in show business and married Mr. Lucky, then divorced and married Martin Short, then divorced and married football kicker Ray Guy, we could all nod understandingly when we heard, "Dolly Parton Smothers Lucky Short Guy".

With that said, how do you know if your parents are really your parents? Was it really your dad? Do you look like the milk man?

Anything and everything can be questioned, after listening to all sides of a story, you have to make up what you believe. I believe John Kerry is a liar about many things, I believe Bush is dumb. I would rather follow a dumbass then a liar. It kinda like work, my old boss was a dumbass, my new boss is just an ass. Cant trust the new boss, but the old boss was too dumb to take seriously.

He was referring to a report though, just not the '98 one. So lets see 7 years, and was reports a few months away, hmm, maybe they did have the capability to do so. Or maybe Saddam had his labs built in Syria which all materials was sold to by France, and partially funded by Saudi Arabia, and workers from India and China helped. Plus scientist from Dupont and Jeff Gordon helped. Hmm, lets conspire more things, like AIDS was created in China originally for population control and was tested in Africa to test it out.

He was referring to a report though, just not the '98 one.
Do you only read so far before your mind slams shut? Let me get out the spoon and feed it to ya:
The White House says Mr. Bush was referring to an earlier IAEA report.

"He's referring to 1991 there," said Deputy Press Secretary Scott McClellan. "In '91, there was a report saying that after the war they found out they were about six months away."

Mr. Gwozdecky said no such report was ever issued by the IAEA in 1991.

Many news agencies — including The Washington Times — reported Mr. Bush's Sept. 7 comments as referring to a 1998 IAEA report. The White House did not ask for a correction from The Times.

To clear up the confusion, Mr. McClellan cited two news articles from 1991 — a July 16 story in the London Times by Michael Evans and a July 18 story in the New York Times by Paul Lewis. But neither article cites an IAEA report on Iraq's nuclear-weapons program or states that Saddam was only six months away from "developing a weapon" — as claimed by Mr. Bush.

Caught in a lie, backs it up with more lies, caught again, and now Mad Mardigan will defend the "dumb" but non-lying Mr. Bush by explaining how referring to non-existant reports to increase his credibility is not a lie. What is it then? Is he just a fibber? A white liar? An innocent little truth-stretcher?

He's a politician. I believe many of them lie. Hopefully they don't lie to start a war where soldiers die for the wrong reasons. I won't mention the civilian deaths because I'm fairly certain you're not interested.

Doug' date=' this entire Forum thing is about people expressing their opinions. Sure it is an opinion. Thats a given. Anything that someone just spouts in a chat room or internet forum, or driving down the highway is an opinion.

Sorry, didn't realise you needed a crayon map.[/quote']

Hi drz, perhaps I was a little harsh, I apologize.

I know budullewraagh tosses around a lot of unsubstantiated BS, but i've come to understand him, he also has some very good points too.

Anyway, If I make a statement that I can't substantiate, I usually (and I say usually) say........"in my opinion".

I hear you, my dad has a purple with a star, which means 2 wounds, from Vietnam. Wounded will in combat by a mortar shell that exploded in front of him causing him to lose 80% of his hearing in one ear, 30 % in the other, shrapnel wounds in head and back. It required surgery to remove some of the metal in his head and back, most of it remains there. Now is a band aid wound worth the same as that?

My other Grandfather wasn't a CO in the Air force, but a engineer in the Army during W.W.II. He also received shrapnel when a shell exploded, while most was removed he was left with a 3 inch shard lodged in his brain. Not only did he not get a medal for this, the shrapnel caused him to lose his mind when he reached 70, lose motor control, his bodily functions and essentially killed him 45 years after the event in the worst possible way. I never heard him winge about not getting a medal, nor dismiss other peoples efforts and accomplishments.

War does suck, I have a great grandfather buried in Normandy, many relatives of mine have went to war.

I have 5 family members buried in Normandy and the Somme. Two of my grandmothers brothers from W.W.I and three of our family in the second world war. It doesn't in anyway diminish Kerrys achievements or right to recognition.

My oldest brother served in Iraq for 1 year and 1 month doing raids and guarding crap. He has a compound disk fracture in his back from jumping over a wall chasing an arms dealer, no purple heart for it, just a bad back / tilted pelvic bone, and a leg that pops out of joint now. That is why I don't like Kerry using his medals to help him. He once threw his, or someone else's medals over the white house fence. Those medals represent all soldiers that fought for this country, and he threw them away.

One of my friends is in the army special forces, and knows full well he will never receive official recognition for his service, and he's done a damn sight more than fall over a wall. However, he also doesn't question peoples achievements. If a country awards a medal, it's worthy of respect. If you think the government gives the out without due consideration, that's a problem you have with the government and not Kerry. Pick the right target here.

mad, were you there with kerry? have you seen his wounds? he still has metal in his leg, does that sound like a bandaid wound? that whole bandaid wound is an attempt by republicans to degrade kerrys service, which was a lot more honorable that bush's. they are legitimate purple hearts, or else they wouldnt have been given...just like bush's "honorable" discharge, its legitimate, or else it wouldnt have been given. right?

in my opinion, anyone who went to the vietnam war, or any other war for that matter, should be given a medal.

r1, what about those who come back from war, protest it, throw there medals away, then many years later try to use those medals for his glory.

As someone's already said on this issue, he can do whatever the hell he wants with his medals. Some of us (me included) think that the man had a point: I don't agree with the issues then either. The man tried to get a point across, and I think that's essential. In regard for the entire "glory" thing, I think he needs to get the point across that he's served his country well and this is the best way of doing it. He has to push everything out that he's got with this campaign because Bush is making such a big deal of the axis of evil rubbish.

r1' date=' what about those who come back from war, protest it, throw there medals away, then many years later try to use those medals for his glory.

[/quote']Do you not think it would be a pointless gesture for Kerry to throw the medals anywhere if he did not know and appreciate exactly what they represented?

People tend to throw all the war protesters into one category. That is like throwing all the soldiers in one category.

Kerry went to war and saw it was a waste. He was trying to end the stupidity. That is better than keeping your mouth shut and just riding on your war record.

I have two questions......If you polled all the Democrats in the U.S. Congress, how many would publicly say....that Bush is a liar?

If you polled all the Democratic political strategists that you see on TV, how many would publicly say that Bush is a liar? (in addition to Carville)

Bush seens to be increasingly getting out of touch with reality in iraq. he paints an optimistic rosy picture when life for iraqis is terrible. He may have liberated them. but freedom without security is nothing. they are under constant threat of kidnapping, revenge killings and worst of all terrorist attacks. It is the occupations job to secure occupied territory. till now they haven't done that due to the heavy losses in american life.

With all the estimates from the intel community saying that the best thing that would happen is iraq would be tenuous stability and at worst civil war. Powell just today has said that anti-american sentiment has increased in the muslim world and the situation is iraq is deteroating. Bush is either overly optimistic, or getting out of touch, or a liar.