Why has no one thought of this food product?

Green Xenon

Hi:

I’m currently thinking of a hypothetical diet product that is vegan-friendly and has all the vegetables, fruits, herbs, algae, seaweed, mushrooms and other non-animal organisms that are necessary/beneficial for human health. It also contains beneficial and essential microbes [such as probiotics]. All the aforementioned are in amounts optimum for human health.

This product is completely organic and free of any pesticides, synthetic ethylene and other man-made substances that compromise the health of organisms and their human consumers. In addition, no organisms used in the product are genetically-engineered, pasteurized, or irradiated to any extent. Equally important is the soil and other conditions used to grow these organisms is healthy, organic, and free of pollutants.

All organisms used in this product are raw.

No substance in this product is altered at all. No existing substance in the product is removed. No substance, other than drinking water, is added to this product.

The product has drinking water added to it to make it easier to drink.

This product is in small health-friendly, eco-friendly bottles. Five bottles per day should be consumed. The bottles are in a package and are of different sizes. The biggest bottle should be consumed in the morning. The smallest should be consumed in the evening. In between, are bottles of different sizes. Earlier in the day, the bigger bottles should be consumed and as the day progresses the smaller bottles should be consumed. This routine follows the saying “eat breakfast link a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper” – except the food is divided into 5 smaller meals instead of 3 bigger meals. This is an extra benefit to diabetes patients who are following this hypothetical diet.

To summarize, the organisms in the product are chopped to the molecular level. Finally, good microbes and drinking water are added.

Regards,

Green Xenon

It seems expensive to produce. There are many ingredients that have to be grown in very controlled conditions without the "benefits" of pesticides etc. The ingredients need to be transported under very controlled conditions (ideally sterile). The production plant itself would need to be free of contaminants, ideally used for this one purpose only. Once on the market others may produce a similar item using ingredients not qualified as organic and not transported or produced under such controlled conditions. This would enable your competitors to produce a cheaper product which they could nevertheless advertise as a healthy product. I quite like the idea and can see it being used for famine relief or other emergency situations rather than feeding the general public, although the cheaper version would probably find favour with the "Authorities"

At room temperature the stuff would start to ferment in a matter of hours.

It would be undrinkable, and probably toxic, after a few days.

You have, as an example, set up near perfect conditions to culture clostridium botulinum, the organism responsible for botulism (once the yeasts have taken up all the oxygen).

The bug is fairly widely distributed in soil so there's a good chance of it getting into the mix.

Probably more importantly, it ignores the fact that humans don't just eat to live.

...Because:

1. Sounds like it would taste terrible.

2. Too expensive to produce, therefore expensive to sell.

3. As John C. said: "It would be undrinkable, and probably toxic, after a few days." and "the stuff would start to ferment in a matter of hours."

4. Surely the ingredients themselves would need to be added to the product...Sorry, I's<I was> being overly specific.

5. Free of pollutants...Chance be on your side in* trying to find a place like that on Earth.

6. CBOYSI* getting the funding to build factories for this product. Looks a place that grows seaweed, 'shroom, and all the various plants necessary would be difficult. Especially since you want such sterile conditions.

7. This needs to be said twice: Sounds like it would taste terrible.

*I don't believe in luck...and good chance doesn't sound quite right...

Dieting is big business I often wondered myself about why no one has developed a product that contains all vitamins minerals and protein required per day but with practically no calories. kinda stupid we have operations to suck away all the fat or restrict the stomach to super tiny size but not a simple product that has everything you need with alot less calories needed per day. Pill form would be ideal and some sort of inert "filler" kind of like yeast that makes you feel full.

At room temperature the stuff would start to ferment in a matter of hours.

It would be undrinkable, and probably toxic, after a few days.

You have, as an example, set up near perfect conditions to culture clostridium botulinum, the organism responsible for botulism (once the yeasts have taken up all the oxygen).

The bug is fairly widely distributed in soil so there's a good chance of it getting into the mix.

Probably more importantly, it ignores the fact that humans don't just eat to live.

In my opinion, the drawbacks of this product sure beat suffering the following in your early/mid 30s:

1. Being weakened by a heart-attack

2. Paralysis/blindness from stroke

I'm dangerously overweight. My cardiac CRPs and blood-pressure are through the roof and I'm only 27. That is why I need this product. I don't want to end up handicapped 5 to 10 years from now, and that can easily happen due to the absence of this product.

Exercise is not enough. I badly need this product.

Green Xenon - Please take heart (no pun intended) from the following :-

I retired at 55 with high blood pressure and coronary heart disease and am now in my 70's.

There are very good drugs to combat high blood pressure - I take a mixture of 4.

There are some simple procedures available today to unblock clogged arteries - about 10 years ago I had a stent fitted in one of my heart's arteries - a very straightforward procedure carried out without the need of anaesthetic.

I don't intend to shuffle off this mortal coil any time soon!

There are already diet foods that will do what you need, as I said in another thread, I tried to use this 'stuff" years ago and after a few days it was so unpalatable i gagged on it and couldn't swallow anymore. While I am sure that "human chow" is possible to make humans with access to other foods would not eat it for long. They have "monkey chow" which contains all the nutrients monkeys need, I doubt many wild monkeys would eat it, caged monkeys have no choice.

Edited by Moontanman

It is actually difficult to make such a product...

It's because of the strict rules you have applied. There is this version if you like:

This product is completely organic and free of any pesticides, synthetic ethylene and other man-made substances that compromise the health of organisms and their human consumers. In addition, no organisms used in the product are genetically-engineered, pasteurized, or irradiated to any extent. Equally important is the soil and other conditions used to grow these organisms is healthy, organic, and free of pollutants. It is full of added vitamins and minerals.

All organisms used in this product are raw.

No substance in this product is altered at all. No existing substance in the product is removed. No substance, other than drinking water, is added to this product.

This product is in small health-friendly, eco-friendly bottles. Five bottles per day should be consumed. The bottles are in a package and are of different sizes. The biggest bottle should be consumed in the morning. The smallest should be consumed in the evening. In between, are bottles of different sizes. Earlier in the day, the bigger bottles should be consumed and as the day progresses the smaller bottles should be consumed. This routine follows the saying “eat breakfast link a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper” – except the food is divided into 5 smaller meals instead of 3 bigger meals. This is an extra benefit to diabetes patients who are following this hypothetical diet.

The product is not available.

Some people are not overweight.

Therefore the existence of the product is not a requirement for maintaining a healthy weight (etc).

There is no reason to expect that making this stuff available would help Green Xenon get a healthier lifestyle.

Blaming the absence of this product won't help. There are plenty of healthy foods out there. If you are dangerously overweight then you really shouldn't be worrying about the theoretical "risk" to your health from pesticide residues in food.

The answer is simple, though I know it's not easy.

Eat less and better. Exercise more.

Some imaginary "health drink" isn't going to save you from the problems you mention, so you need to do that for yourself.