Anyone know the ratio for smoke bombs

Aspirin

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried this, it makes better rockets than smoke bombs, but id mix it 50/50 not that great but works ok, try adding more sugar every test as this will give more smoke but there is a point where it will not burn anymore.

Give them a good mix, the best way is re-crystallisation, but that take a bit of time and practice too easy to burn you house down if it goes up.

I think jsatan means that you should dissolve them into water and boil the water until the C12H22O11 (table sugar; sucrose) and KNO3 crystallize. Or then he means completely something else. :D

By the way, why don't you try potassium chlorate (KClO3) and sugar in a 50/50 ratio. It gives off a nice purple flame and quite a bit of smoke. Or then my chlorate was just horribly impure. :P

Dont use chlorates they are very unstable and the stuff that makes bombs if done wrong.

yeah glided is right about re-crystallisation but only add just enought water and heat it slowly VERY slowly, and even less when its getting to just the sugar + kno3.

Add a pinch of 2 of iron oxide (rust) works just as good as sulfur but sulfur will set it off if left for a while, but iron oxide doesnt.

"Dont use chlorates they are very unstable and the stuff that makes bombs if done wrong."

Well what's the fun if you can't handle unstable chemicals? :) Anyway, I think I should get myself some KNO3 since it's relatively easy to get and it's used for so many nice things.

Guest beholdasun

4 parts sugar

6 parts Potassium nitrate

Heat this mixture over a LOW flame until it melts, stirring well. Pour it into a future container and, before it solidifies, imbed a few matches into the mixture to use as fuses. A pound will fill a city block w/ smoke. Enjoy :)

-R

since the only visible part will be the Potassium Nitrite and maybe come carbonate, the rest being steam (soon dispersed within meters) and CO2 (invisible). that sounds like a recipe from the anarchist crap book!

if you want SMOKE! use the method I outlined :)

second that, adding the match heads is the part that gave it away, lol.

I've had no problems with chlorates (48% weed killer) but I know they make bombs with it becuase its more prone to coto under pressure (burning)

But its better to warn you then site back and not say anything, right?

lol.

Yeah it makes you see stars, lol. Its not to great for anything but bright light, well I havent found anything.

On a side note do you know anywhere in the UK that sells supplies like unitednuclear.com? I'm just after a few things and its nice to know I dont have to buy them fast, lol.