Anyone know the ratio for smoke bombs

Aspirin

Yeah, I laughed my ass off when I first saw the pic. :) If I were you, I'd probably spend all my money on the stuff they got there. :|

Edit: jsatan, I think it makes a mild shade of green. The chlorate should make a REALLY green flame.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a good camera/video camera, why don't you record burning some and upload it. I would like to see how good it really is. And for the chlorate, don't bother; I've never seen it on eBay, it's highly regulated and I don't think it can even be sent by mail.

"how much would the ordering charge be from america to england be because there are some really cheap and i mean cheap equipment there"

Why don't you e-mail them? It's quite dependant on weight (duh), or that's what they told me. It can be rather expensive, but if you're planning to order a lot of stuff then it's probably worth it. And hey, if you'd like to, we could make some arrangement of you ordering something and then sending it to me and me sending you the money for it and a bit of extra... uhh, well, think about it. :)

sorry i sent that post as soon as you did and ill probably do that if i decide to order but shipping charges are expensive especialy with some companys ive seen some costs of up to $100 and more even if its only $30 its probably cheaper to make my own condensor the yt's method.

Hmmh, if they would be small things... I received a letter with about 20 A4-size leaflets from UK about a month or something ago, it had about £2 worth of stamps, so I guess it isn't too much for EU-area, even with big deliveries.

Edit: My dad's a fan of Manchester City (which is kind of sad because of their recent game scores), so maybe I'll drop by in the near future to pay and collect my stuff. :)

shipping to the eu is pretty cheap, but i refering to equipment get shipped to me from america, that will be the big cost in shipping, this has nothng to do with anything but can you buy firecrackers in finland, im trying to find where they are available to buy in the eu other wise whats the use of it :D again just kidding i make my own but i want to get some proper manufacterd firecrackers/salutes big ones

i hate football, which is kind of odd considering our country is football mad you will not find a place in england where no body does not likes football, playing it is fine i must admit but watching its terrible mind numbingly boring, god thinking about watching it remind's me why i hate it so much

I'm not a huge fan of football either, I'd rather watch a firework display or an atomic test. :) Or grass growing. :D

Firecrackers eh? I think my friend's dad (who is a farmer of some sort) has some old big Chinese salute-type fireworks that were withdrawn from the market because they were so dangerous. I'm not sure though, can't remember if I blew them all up with my friend a long time ago. :/

If you want examples of firecrackers and such I recommend http://people.howstuffworks.com/fireworks.htm. A lot of useful info there.

gilded you come from finland but by the way you type it sounds like you can speak perfect english, why|? is it mandatory to take an english class in finland like germany so you can speak english or do you live where its an english speaking county or city/town

thats fine but i all ready make my own, i used to make them all the time but now i make them when i get bord, and thats fine because i always have the chemicals i need to make BP thats why i want to make my own nitric acid as well because i have loads of potassium nitrate left well not loads about 1kg-1.5kg

:) Ok let me put down some facts about Finland, now that someone actually asked:

We HAVE TO learn English AND Swedish (our other national language, sadly).

After you turn 18, you must within few years go to A) non-military service (for about 8 months) B) army (minimum 8 months) C) jail (I don't know how long, probably a year or something, but it's a long time to be someone's jail biatch :) )

Our base rock is FILLED with uranium; An average American person gets about 5-10 times less radiation a year than an average Finn. :(

These are the reasons I'm going to get the hell out of here as soon as I can. :)

no offence but thats pretty shit mind my language if thats all the options you have plus you get a higher radiation then america perhapes england is not so bad after all and i feel honoured that you have to learn english that goes to other countrys that have to learn it as well :D

Luckily, Finland has just about the best cancer treatments in the world, so it kind of compensates for the radioactivity levels. :) And thanks for complimenting my English, I even made a "my hobby - chemistry" essay for my English course and got a 10 (or A) as a grade for it. :)

More about the radioactivity: Thanks to Chernobyl, some Finnish mushrooms still have so much cesium-137 in them that they are too contaminated to be exported! And if you actually want to compare the levels, the worst zones of Finland have 0,27 microsieverts/hour. Luckily I live in a 0,09 zone. After Chernobyl, at one point, the rate was 5 microsieverts/hour. Goddammit. And they are building new nuclear power plants here all the time! I think we have four right now, which is quite a lot for such a small country. Great, more nuclear waste.

Edit: Lol! I found a chart, that represents cesium-137 amounts in milk (Bq/l) here. Talk about nasty levels during Chernobyl.

I would probably need tons of mushrooms to get a visible amount of cesium-137. :)

Edit: Thank God cesium-137 doesn't stay in the body as long as let's say strontium-90. Strontium goes in to the bone marrow and then just sits there happily irradiating your tissues (much like radon which decays into a metal particle when it's in your lungs).