Posting Pictures?

On occasion one of my sons sends me fantastic pictures of the universe. Recently he sent a "show and tell" about our own galaxy done by the Hubble telescope. Since they were done perhaps a year or two ago, many of you may have seen them. But if there's a chance some of you haven't, I'd like to post them, if possible. Since they are not http, I don't know how to do it. Is it allowed? And if so, would you give me a hand? Thanks

Edited by rigney

Now, since these legal matters have been ironed out; can anyone tell me how to post some beautiful pictures of our galaxy that my son sent to me? They are not http, so I dont know how to display them, even if it's legal. Can someone help? I promise, no junk.

Now, since these legal matters have been ironed out; can anyone tell me how to post some beautiful pictures of our galaxy that my son sent to me? They are not http, so I don't know how to display them, even if it's legal. Can someone help? I promise, no junk. [/Quote]

rigney; For the record, I'm not ignoring you, have no idea if Photos are authorized or do I know how to transfer them if they are permitted. I've got into the habit of just 'linking' sites with graphs or what ever needed, simply because too often it messes up the site as I see it (width), but then that doesn't answer your questions. I'll give this a little bump, since those that do know, might check to make sure I'm not getting out of line....By the way for them, your questions are on another older thread, as well.

Now, since these legal matters have been ironed out; can anyone tell me how to post some beautiful pictures of our galaxy that my son sent to me? They are not http, so I dont know how to display them, even if it's legal. Can someone help? I promise, no junk.

Have you tried attachments with this new forum software? I see buttons for that at the bottom of the screen I'm on right now, and it looks easy enough.

Have you tried attachments with this new forum software? I see buttons for that at the bottom of the screen I'm on right now, and it looks easy enough.

I hate to plead ignorance, but it's a fact. If you, or some one reading this can help, I'd appreciate it. Like I say, they are only pictures, but just too good to hoard.

Edited by rigney

I hate to plead ignorance, but it's a fact. If you, or some one reading this can help, I'd appreciate it. Like I say, they are only pictures, but just too good to hoard.

Save the picture file on your computer.

Open SFN.

Login

Create new post.

When typing your message, below the editor window, you will see a section titled "Attachments."

In that section, click "Browse."

That will open a file search window.

Find your picture file, and select it.

Once it appears in the Attachments prompt, click the "attach this file" button.

Submit post / Add reply.

Alternatively, upload the picture to a site like photobucket.

Get a URL for the photo... www.blahblahblah/rigney/photo1.jpg

Take that url, put it between image tags... [ img ] www.blahblahblah/rigney/photo1.jpg[ /img]

Alternatively, if it's a photo already on the web, right click and select Copy Image Location. Then, paste that into the image tags.

Finally, I am not too hopeful you're going to have something to share which the rest of us will give two shits about given your recent posting history.

Edited by iNow

Testing picture upload as attachment...

seems to work. I clicked "Use Full editor" button, and there is an attachment box, so I uploaded a picture from my computer to this thread. 8MB limit... could be a load .

At some other forums elsewhere, first we uploaded picture to a free hosting site like http://photobucket.com/ , then we get a link or code from there and copy and paste to your threads here.

For video clip, it is Youtube.com, I think it is the same as the above, and you can find the embed code and copy and paste, or just post the link. I seldom post video clips, so not sure about this.

post-24021-056187900 1279426729_thumb.jpg

Edited by skyhook

Save the picture file on your computer.

Open SFN.

Login

Create new post.

When typing your message, below the editor window, you will see a section titled "Attachments."

In that section, click "Browse."

That will open a file search window.

Find your picture file, and select it.

Once it appears in the Attachments prompt, click the "attach this file" button.

Submit post / Add reply.

Alternatively, upload the picture to a site like photobucket.

Get a URL for the photo... www.blahblahblah/rigney/photo1.jpg

Take that url, put it between image tags... [ img ] www.blahblahblah/rigney/photo1.jpg[ /img]

Alternatively, if it's a photo already on the web, right click and select Copy Image Location. Then, paste that into the image tags.

Finally, I am not too hopeful you're going to have something to share which the rest of us will give two shits about given your recent posting history.

You're probably right. Thanks