Faster than light??

rigney

If scientists are actually looking at black holes and worm holes as a means of moving from one galaxy or dimension to another; why not consider the act of instantaneous trancendental teleportation? I like the name and the idea, but unfortunately; we really don't know too much about it at the moment, even though nature in my opinion; has been doing it for billions of years.

Edited by rigney

Moontanman (Organism) Today, 6:14 PM #5

Exactly what is instantaneous trancendental teleportation?

Ok! Moon-tan guy, you've snookered me again. But I simply like the expression, which I'm sure you're becoming accustomed to by now. Seriously though, I believe nature has been using this protocol since the first day of creation. But since there's no way to prove it, I don't want to get locked up in a "Loony Bin" just for thinking it. If I can get some serious questions and be able to answer them without feeling like the village idiot, I just might share these thoughts? Have a good one!!

Edited by rigney

I believe nature has been using this protocol since the first day of creation. But since there's no way to prove it

So on one hand you are saying that it is going on all the time, and on the other you are saying that it can not be detected.

So if you know it is going on all the time, how did you learn about it? See here is the problem, if you can know it is going on, then you must have evidecn that it does. If ther eis evidence that it does, then you can prove it.

You can not have something that is not provable, and yet have proof that it is going on. :doh:

There is huge difference between BELIEVE & KNOW, Edtharan. I can fantasize ("believe") that the universe is huge ice-cream cone, but I don't factually ("know") it for sure? Ditto for Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too.

Edited by rigney

Anyway, who says I'm a scientist?

And that's a bit of a sticking point.

1. If someone is here ("here" being the science areas of SFN, including speculations) asking questions, they need not be a scientist. They just need to be inquisitive about science.

2. If someone is here answering questions, they probably need to be a scientist of some stripe "Scientist" here is somewhat open-ended, because it does not require formal training, though that helps. It's a mindset, as well as some mastery of a given field.

3. If someone is here proposing new hypotheses, they need to be at least able to "play a scientist on TV," i.e. follow basic scientific protocols and have some working knowledge of the science that they are trying to supplant. IOW, Speculations is not synonymous with "anything goes" (though there is some leniency if there's a hope that a topic can be salvaged)

Using a term like "instantaneous trancendental teleportation" and then admitting it was introduced because it just sounds nice is not an example of any of these. It is, arguably, an example of trolling, which is against the rules and must stop. People are here to discuss science.

Almost verbatim, from a "STAR TREK" episode some years back. I can't remember exactly when, but Capt. Kirk was on a planet and asked Scotty to "beam him up" to the Star Ship Enterprise. The transfer was referred to as: instantaneous trancendental teleportation? Not to be factitious, but yes, I do believe such a thing is possible.

Almost verbatim, from a "STAR TREK" episode some years back. I can't remember exactly when, but Capt. Kirk was on a planet and asked Scotty to "beam him up" to the Star Ship Enterprise. The transfer was referred to as: instantaneous trancendental teleportation? Not to be factitious, but yes, I do believe such a thing is possible.

"instantaneous trancendental teleportation" The term has never been uttered in a star trek episode >:D it's often been called "quantum teleportation" on star trek and mostly as "beaming" but no "instantaneous trancendental teleportation" ever. Of course the "Heisenberg Compensator" works very well....

Moontan, are you a Trekkie? And you're right about the phrase. I too, don't believe Inst Trans Tel was ever used on the program. As the moderator said: Try sticking to facts or at least feasible questions.

When asked by Time Magazine in 1994, "How do the Heisenberg compensators work?" Mike Okuda famously replied, "They work just fine, thank you." But remember; The Heisenberg compensator started originally as a joke put on the transporter console in TNG.

Edited by rigney

Just for you Moontan

When asked by Time Magazine in 1994, "How do the Heisenberg compensators work?" Mike Okuda famously replied, "They work just fine, thank you."

The Heisenberg compensator started originally as a joke put on the transporter console in TNG.

Thats exactly what i was talking about dude, i am full of Star Trek trivia (among other things) but no instantaneous trancendental teleportation any where in Star Trek!

"Quantum teleportation" has a specific use in science, and we've had a number of discussions on it. Use the search function to find them.

As there is no such thing as "instantaneous trancendental [sic] teleportation" (either this or the correct spelling yield no hits in Google, other than this discussion), this thread is closed.