What type of car do you have?

Cap'n Refsmmat

What type of car do you have?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What type of car do you have?

• Cheapie car (stripped down to cost less)
    • Pickup truck
    • Sedan
    • Sports Car
    • SUV
    • Minivan
    • Full Size Van
    • Little bitty teensy car.
    • I don't have one, this is what I want to have.
    • A socially and environmentally responsible car that was not bought specifically for ego-massaging or selfish interests
    • Some other crazy option

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, as my name implies, I drive a Suzuki DRZ 400S. It is a dual-sport motorcycle, can handle any terrain, and gets about 50mpg, 60 if I take it easy.

I voted for "A socially and environmentally responsible car that was not bought specifically for ego-massaging or selfish interests"

Because I travel 100 miles a day, 5 days a week. I need to bring nothing with me but myself, and a change of clothes. Since I began riding it, I've cut my gas bill to around 12 bucks a week.

The only disadvantage one may find, is no cover from the elements. But, if your a hard core dirt biker such as myself, you've been gettin wet all your life, and doing it on the pavement is a walk in the park.

yourdad, neons are cool, but you should check out LED's. If you were to make your own system, you'd save tons of cash, and could completly customize the casting of the light.

I'll try to get a pic up of the red LED cluster I have on my bike sometime.

I do intend on driving a datsun pickup in the near future, and if I can figure out this propane conversion, it may become my main vehicle.

Well, in my case, the more you see me, the better off I am. Alot of people don't respect a motorcycle, and even less see me on the road. If I'm putting off a red glow, you are going to see me from a mile away and say "WTF is that!??"

I don't really like to see them on cars, but if the car is for show, cruising or whatever, cool. What I like to see is these fast and furious kiddies get neon lights, then go speeding around trying to race, and bottom the car out, crushing the lights.

Also, neons do take a good bit of power, but in something like a herse, which I imagine has a v6 or larger, has plenty of wasted energy to spare. Just having an alternator on a belt drags on the engine, whether it is working or not. Fully loaded, it will not make much a difference overall.