Lunch with anyone

blike

anyone who went to english school, would have a lunch with shakespear, and give him some, he can have a sodium amalgam drink, with and some C4 with mercury salad dressing,,,,

or we could save that for hitler,

but those would be revenge lunches, and not sociable lunches, so properly:

i was gonna say sum1 to do with either physics, or chemistry, or electronics, or computers, [basically, anything i find cool] but there's to many to chose from, so a lunch with God would be cool! i spose, He covers all the subjects!!!!

dont mind really, just someone interesting, to me thats anyone to do with..... [copy/paste from above!]....... either physics, or chemistry, or electronics, or computers.

Who would u talk orchestration with? Brahms? Mozart? Tchaikovsky?

I think rachmaninovs raphsody on the theme by paganini is beutifully orchestrated

I'd go for Berlioz, Mahler and Bruckner myself - I think they understood the true power of an orchestra (well, they write good trombone parts so they must be the best!). Don't get me wrong, Rachmaninov was a superb composer who wrote many fine orchestral pieces, but his forte was the piano (ho ho!) and I don't think he was as strong an orchestral composer as the three guys I've mentioned above - but this is my personal preference.

yea. u may be rite. forgot about berlioz and mahler. they are fab. never listened to Bruckner that much. except for few of his famous ones. can't remember what they were. think one of them was a violin concerto or something .

What about Dvorak

or Holst.??

they write good brass parts as well

My fave composer is Mahler so I have a soft spot for him (the 3rd is beautiful and the 8th is just gob-smacking). Dvorak and Holst are fantastic, although I heard recently on Radio 3 some of Holst's earlier work (pre-planets) and despite the euligising of the commentator I thought some of it was a bit duff.

hang on. what about cauchy, the man who put calculus on firm grounds.... (thats what i read), hes also has the highest number of published papers. second only to (i think) euler. but maybe him being french will have something to do with ur preferences. hehe