Perpetual Motion

MolecularMan14

Will anyone ever come up with a perpetual motion machine?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Will anyone ever come up with a perpetual motion machine?

• Yep!
    • No way! It would defy physics as we know it!

"The" sun? which one in the universe? according to this theory- will the entire universe loose energy - wind down?

I was looking into it and there is resistace even in space very slightly though so really its all a matter of time before everything stops, so lets just hope weve invented some pretty dam good space ship before then. :)

• 3 years later...

I've made some inventions here myself, and based on calculations and actual tests it worked! But when I got to the Science Department of our local government I was warned off not to name any of my inventions with 'perpetual' on it or else I will be automatically denied rights for the patents. It was so frustrating that I have spent so much time, money, and effort just to be let down. To this day my perpetual motion machines and concepts are stuck in my basement, apparently some powerful people don't want machines like that in an open market ever since Nikola Tesla. I followed his works and to my surprise some of his inventions actually worked. I am no scientist, but am a very much fan of it and for the "benefit of all mankind" stuff, you would be surprised too if you knew how simple the concept and design for a perpetual motion machine, if you should delve into this matter, then I suggest you follow in Tesla's works.

Before business people harnessed the waters so that they could pack it neatly and sell it to the public at a certain costs, now they're deliberately polluting the air so that they could buy off some scientists invention to clean the air and again pack it neatly with a corporate name and a price tag! Tesla knew about perpetual motion and it's varied applications, but business people won't allow it because there is no profit in it except for "the benefit of all mankind".

The next statement is yours......

I belive you when you say you've made some kind of efficient generator which runs VERY efficiently. But I bet it needs fuel? It won't be a completely self contained device which runs forever without the need for any additional imput of fuel/energy into the system. It won't give an endless supply of free energy. This is because it is impossible. Please let us know how YOUR machine works as I'm sure it will be really interesting - but it won't be perpetual motion.

hmmm, if u doubted about perpetual motion machine then u should doubted the earth itself.

have u ever think that how much mass that could be pulled by earth itself ??

how the earth could pull masses? u all know that earth mass does it. it creates force with another mass.

and i think as long as there are mass( the source of force by mass), it could pull as much as possible... or unlimited mass...

means unlimited energy...

the same as magnetic fields. as long as there is magnetic fields, there are also unlimited force.. its only matter how to convert it to electrical energy/ makes system that flows energy..

i've made blueprints of that machine several years ago, but never had time to try it..

This is going round in circles now - they've mentioned the earth already - it is not perpetual mothion. Magnetic fields? what about them - to get electricity you have to MOVE through them to generate a current - that movement TAKES energy, which YOU have to provide.

Anyway - they are not unlimited - eventually the alignment of the nuclei gets messed up and you have to re-magetise again. This was GCSE physics if I remember back that far.

I've got a tourch which needs no batteries!!! You shake it up and the magnet that oscillates through the coil charges it up -- it's really cool. But I am the one that provides the energy in the form of the shaking. It's not perpetual!

Let's see your design so we can test it for you.

I think the problem is that the *subject* of this thread says "perpetual motion" while the question in the poll asks about a perpetual motion machine. Different concepts.

Perpetual motion is a motion that never stops, right? Well, technically, theoretically, you already have that in space; theoretically, a tiny marble will go on moving forever if nothing obstructs it. That's not against the laws of nature, because that movement doesn't create/spend energy.

The problem starts when we start talking about a MACHINE.

Perpetual motion machine means, usually, that you have more energy exherted than what is put in. That is against the laws of nature, and is just impossible, at least unless we find something extremely mindbogglingly different than what we know so far, which is highly unlikely.

~moo

Originally Posted by DrP

I belive you when you say you've made some kind of efficient generator which runs VERY efficiently. But I bet it needs fuel? It won't be a completely self contained device which runs forever without the need for any additional imput of fuel/energy into the system. It won't give an endless supply of free energy. This is because it is impossible. Please let us know how YOUR machine works as I'm sure it will be really interesting - but it won't be perpetual motion.

Thanks!

Sorry if I cannot give you the full details for reasons that are circumstancial, but I can explain some of it. Basically I got the idea from tesla's well known invention that is still very much in use today-the alternating current generator. As you may know how wind mills and hydro-electric plants work, so this is in transparence to that principle, except I improved a little bit on that and it was like the power input is about 10-30% of the total power output and depending on how many ac generators you'll use you could have unlimited electrical power supply! Trust me, it works, do not trust the patent office and the government or the "people" who control the government, you'll just get frustrated. Anyways I plan to use my invention in my own house, that'll save me the electric bill, screw the people who would reject my offer! The only sad thing is that I am very much concern about our environment and the whole breaking down of the ozone layer and all that, not to mention the potential that we could finally rid ourselves of unreliable energy supplies and take a step forward in our technology. I did some readings on how the mechanics of transportations works and I said to my self oh my God!

we could use my machine on cars,trains,boats, and even aircrafts! We will replace forever powerplants and they won't need fuel to power them, our satellites won't need solar panels anymore! If somehow we could convert electrical energy into the equivalent of rocket boost or something like that then WALAH!!!!! We would have all the fuel we'll ever need in a million years of space travel!

If you can see my vision then you would understand my frustrations. And I just found out lately that I was not the first one to discover this technology, there have been others before me who like Nikola Tesla ended up frustrated because of GREED! If you don't believe me then try to ask Dr. Adam Trombly of the Project Earth organization, he would be one of the pioneers of this technology, but look at him now, he was reduced to a loon by mainstream science/scientists. I personally do not know him nor did we ever met, but I've read some of his articles and you could just sense in him like a trap being wants to break free from an invisible cage that seem to enclose him.

History as it seems will repeat itself, if world war 3 is a possibility and most of the civilizations are anihalated, then I'll be one of the few who'll have the technology and survive.

Maybe then I'll say to those corrupt, power-hungry idiots "I told you so!":-p

DEAR FRIENDS,

tHE

ANSWER TO THE POLL ? A RESOUNDING YEP !!!

THANKS TO MY 'EXCHANGE FUNTON FIELD GEOMETERIES'

FUNTON'S PERMEATE ALL SPACE ! DUE TO MY NEW PHYSICAL FUNTON CONSTANT, ABSOLUTE SPACE, ABSOLUTE nonsense AND NON-RELATIVISTIC UNIVERSE IS REALIZED !!!

THE BAFFLING WORLD OF QUANTUM'S HAVE BEEN REMOVED, THANKS TO CAUSAL GEOMETERIES CONSTRUCTED FROM FUNTON FIELDS. IT WORKS !!! A new authorrity ! A new physiks !

The benefits to mankind are many and gargantuan....

• The mysteries of consciousness unravelled with funton explanation to mind.

• The Threee Body Problem......SOLVED ! With Funton Orbital Velocity Chaos Pacifier...derivATION from funton constant ! It's REAL!

• *PERPETUAL motion device, constructed with funton geometries schematics...IT WORKS!!
  • Fermatt's Last Theoerem A DODDLE - thanks to NEW FUN MATH

*Perpetualism has been harnessed thanks to my device...

This surprising and unsettling result, thanks to geometeries from new math...

[math]E = \infty[/math]

Funton input - Funton output = Net Funton = NET ENERGY

IT IS A GENUINE RESULT !

MY THEORY IS BS!!!!!!!!!

BEYOND SCIENCE !

I'm halfway through 'The Sun and Moon Corrupted', and couldn't help but attempt a parody of a crackpot. :embarass:

Snail - I was so impressed by your new theory of funton mechanics that I want in! Please tell me how I can invest in this! Give me your address and I will send you all my money to invest into funton research!!! I was particularly impressed with the red capitol letters, enlarged writing and bold type. How can anyone think that you haven't solved the worlds energy problems after reading your post. You are amazing!

• 3 months later...

visit this site: ***URL REMOVED***

or visit youtube and seek for steorn free energy generator

well, i already have another systems in my mind that produces free energy, but i haven't tried it yet.(not a thermodynamic systems)

Edited by Klaynos

If I subscribe to one of the cyclical models of the universe, do I get to call the universe a giant perpetual motion machine?

Incidentally, I don't know about this but I was wondering... Isn't the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics only applicable to statistics? If you were to make a generator small enough that it could be powered by the motion of independent molecules, or maybe even Brownian motion, could it be powered by random velocity differences that exist in a medium and are driven by random collisions? Or would you simply be unable to create a generator that small?

If I subscribe to one of the cyclical models of the universe, do I get to call the universe a giant perpetual motion machine?

Incidentally, I don't know about this but I was wondering... Isn't the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics only applicable to statistics? If you were to make a generator small enough that it could be powered by the motion of independent molecules, or maybe even Brownian motion, could it be powered by random velocity differences that exist in a medium and are driven by random collisions? Or would you simply be unable to create a generator that small?

You mean something like this?

If I understand things correctly, all energy we can "harness" today was made available by the big bang, like compressing a spring or throwing a rock up a hill that it can later roll down to release potential energy.

The first hydrogen atoms were created, and it's been "trickling down" like water running down hill ever since, assumed towards a "cold death" equilibrium. Even potential energy from gravity only exists because the Big Bang's energy "pulled masses apart" allowing them to fall together again.

So, imagine you are standing on the side of a hill and a stream is running down. You can tap that energy at your current height on the hill by redirecting it (damming it, adding a water mill etc) - the more energy you tap, the less there is left to be pulled out (water speed gained by gravity is slowed in moving turbines, etc) but due to the sheer amount of energy it's really hard to notice we are making a dent in it.

The whole reservoir has some total mass, and can only flow down so far, and that is the sum total of potential energy in the universe before the stream runs dry. We may tap some "side streams" that branch out from the main one, those that represent say, fossil fuels, but it's all still potential energy from the same reservoir.

The fundamental problem with a perpetual motion machine, is it's always taking some of that water, and redirecting "back up the hill" to flow back down and "pump itself back up" again. Perpetual motion machines need to work without external energy - hence you create a separate channel near the stream (not touching it), fill it, and try to gather enough energy from the water flowing down to pump that water back to the top within the circuit.

The only way in this analogy to move water, is with power generated from water. So no matter what, you cannot increase the total amount of potential energy available, and it is constantly running down. No act can make the Big Bang's water reservoir larger, as any mechanism to move water up hill costs more water going down hill.

Any new concept or idea or physical law will always have to adhere to that fact, which makes perpetual motion simply impossible.