Wormholes

I am not attacking you' date=' but is like prove me that Ala does not exist.

Or like... proving or disproving the following:

God created the world in five days bla bla bla...

or

The earth was spitted from the sun and it froze and in a organic soap the life began etc etc..

You cant "disprove" the gods one, but you can prove it either.. So...

why should we discuss something unceratin?[/quote']

That's what theories are. Something that is believed to be true, but cannot be proved. We are uncertain of what killed the dinosuars, why should we talk about that? We are uncertain about whether or not there is life on other planets, why should we talk about that?

Its not matter of that, i can hear something crazy but if it is correcto it is correct... the thing we should understand is that if we have 2 "universes" those 2 would be one.

Those two would be one? What is that supposed to mean? They would be seperate universes.

.... then what is the rest? you should have definetly got an F in probability in (teoria de conjuntos) with those notions.

Do you undestand the difference between everything and infinite?

everything can be finite.

Understand that if there are things outside the universe, this universe would not be "everyrhing". To properly describe "everything" you would also need to include the things outside our own universe. Meaning: our universe would not be everything.

wormhole is not blackhole.

about the "article" or book or whaterever:

Was it about blackholes? No! You didn't even read the first article I posted, the one I was talking about. The BBC one.

I do not disregard the posibility of other life, but why should we be interested in imagination what do they act, think, do, if we do not know is the exist.

Its like be praying all nights for our souls salvation... to wish god are we praying.... understand?

You are not at all interested in wondering what other life forms would be like? Sometimes people think about things like that.

I can speculate that god is black skin an what.... what do they see and who those "theorist" are based in which math to speculate that.

I believe he was talking about the "bang-bang-bang" theory. In which the universe expands contracts and starts again. If people didn't think about such things how would we get theories like that?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what theories are. Something that is believed to be true' date=' but cannot be proved. We are uncertain of what killed the dinosuars, why should we talk about that? We are uncertain about whether or not there is life on other planets, why should we talk about that?

[/quote']

that would be a speculation. a theory is a hypothesis that has been experimentally proven

that would be a speculation. a theory is a hypothesis that has been experimentally proven

OK, I know theories have to be possible. But they are "theories" until they are proven beyond a doubt to be true, that is when they become "laws". If a theory is proved to be true it is no longer a theory, it is a law.

There is a big difference between speculation and hypothesis, hypothesis is based in some sort of evidence (with logic).

And speculating is just saying, this could be this or that.. or those... just because its posible.

Now you do not have even a career so i bet you do not know conjunts(groups) theory (discreete math and probability). THATS WHY YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I SAY. if you do study a little bit of that, you see with cant you see the obvious.

That's what theories are. Something that is believed to be true, but cannot be proved. We are uncertain of what killed the dinosuars, why should we talk about that? We are uncertain about whether or not there is life on other planets, why should we talk about that?

Because there is true evidence.

Such as the big meteor that fall in Yucatán, México.

OK, I know theories have to be possible. But they are "theories" until they are proven beyond a doubt to be true, that is when they become "laws". If a theory is proved to be true it is no longer a theory, it is a law.

You should read the debate of "biology is not a science" though i lost it, and i was wrong, you will learn lots about scientific definitions i bet you for sure.

Those two would be one? What is that supposed to mean? They would be seperate universes.

Again... conjunctions theory.

Understand that if there are things outside the universe, this universe would not be "everyrhing". To properly describe "everything" you would also need to include the things outside our own universe. Meaning: our universe would not be everything.

well, you cant do that but if you could, then you would still have one bigger universe.

again "teoria de conjuntos".

Was it about blackholes? No! You didn't even read the first article I posted, the one I was talking about. The BBC one.

i read the last one, about the universes. the other one you alone told us that they were blackholes, so i didnt need to, i know about blackholes already.

You are not at all interested in wondering what other life forms would be like? Sometimes people think about things like that.

People think about stealing, war.... so what is the point, thinking about something that there is no evidence.

I believe he was talking about the "bang-bang-bang" theory. In which the universe expands contracts and starts again. If people didn't think about such things how would we get theories like that?

In that case is different, because there is some evidence about it.

but seems that you are a complete ignorant to the topic.

I do not deny that we can found different physics laws in other parts of the universe.. but there cannot be another universe... because universe is everything.

Guest Maelstrom

i didn't hear my thery about the infinite time anywhere, i just thought it up one day. someone else might have thought of it before, but i havn't herd of them. I dont have any way of proving or disproving my theory, i am just curious to what you people think

Hey just wondering, but if a wormhole was actually created somehow, and it was stabble enough to go through and all that other stuff, i have a question about it. there is a theory that the faster you travel through the worm hole, the longer it takes you to come out the other side, and vice versa. so therefore, if you travel through the wormhole at an infinite speed, you will come out with and infinitley long amount of time having passed. also, if you travel through so that you come out the otherside instantaniously, and infinitley long amout of time will have elapsed for you. therefore, by finding the midway point between these times, so that it takes the same amount of time for the journey on the outside to the time it takes inside the wormhole. BUT, if you divide infinity by 2, you still have infinity. how would this work, or have i got this totally wrong?

This is a highly misunderstanding of the new physics hypothesis... but yet you have an intresting point about the inifite... if you split infinite into 2 you would have infinite(thing that is different to everything or universe), if you study some more math you will get to aleph and will be able to understand that.

well as im only in grade 9, im not quite up to that stuff yet. ill look into it when im old enough

Yes, i am not making you down, its intresting to study things such as these, but you got to be responsable for everything that comes out of your mouth.

there is a theory that the faster you travel through the worm hole, the longer it ta...

AtomixMX: Why do you avoid a such simple question as DreamLord said if u now know it all?

why should we talk about that?
!

IF we didn't speculate nor Theorized what would then science be? The way u put it in the first post abour this specifik subject indeed made me think you where a tad bit NARROW minded... That's due to your post.. but after the second you cleared it upp a bit... but it's just definiton! And do you really have to have a degree and already be a scientist to discuss stuff?!? I belive it's indeed not the point with this forum!.. So be nice!

Now Cheers :P

AtomixMX: Why do you avoid a such simple question as DreamLord said if u now know it all?

Because it won't take us anywhere. thats the reason.

I do know it at all.

IF we didn't speculate nor Theorized what would then science be?

As sayonara said in resume, the explanation of whys and hows.

You can build hypothesis but based on something... i cannot make my gods theory just because i want to speculate.

(well i can, but that would not be so scientific).

The way u put it in the first post abour this specifik subject indeed made me think you where a tad bit NARROW minded

You can think whatever you want.

I follow the science and definitions.

And do you really have to have a degree and already be a scientist to discuss stuff?!?

I did not meant that, but you did not read my post very well, because i was making notion to the lack of some basic knowledge to understand this stuff. such as very basic "teoria de conjuntos" (intersections, unions, venn diagrams).

I belive it's indeed not the point with this forum!.. So be nice!

it is, in the sense that DreamLord does not understand some discreet math.

Because it won't take us anywhere. thats the reason.

I do know it at all.

I guess when everyone told Galileo he was wrong about the earth revolving around the sun he should've just given up. After all he couldn't prove or disprove his theory. And what about Newton? People said he was wrong. And now his theories are laws. Should we really stop thinking about things because for the time being we can't prove or disprove it?.. Have you ever heard of an imagination' date=' or maybe you don't have one.

I did not meant that, but you did not read my post very well, because i was making notion to the lack of some basic knowledge to understand this stuff. such as very basic "teoria de conjuntos" (intersections, unions, venn diagrams).

Theories are unproven. So why do you feel you can prove my theory false by countering it with another theory. I used the dinosuars as an example because there are numerous theories about how they may have died. There's the meteor theory, yes... but there are many others. The magnetic field reversing for one... And there are many more.

it is, in the sense that DreamLord does not understand some discreet math.

And you know everything I'm sure.

I guess when everyone told Galileo he was wrong about the earth revolving around the sun he should've just given up. After all he couldn't prove or disprove his theory. And what about Newton? People said he was wrong. And now his theories are laws. Should we really stop thinking about things because for the time being we can't prove or disprove it?.. Have you ever heard of an imagination, or maybe you don't have one.

You are pretty ignorant.

He proved what he said but it was against church (somehow) and he was going to be executed and then he retracted, then he said " and even though it moves".

I may have no imaginations but you do not have knowledge what is worse.

Theories are unproven

MY GOD SAKE!!!!!!!!!!

Theories are unproven. So why do you feel you can prove my theory false by countering it with another theory. I used the dinosuars as an example because there are numerous theories about how they may have died. There's the meteor theory, yes... but there are many others. The magnetic field reversing for one... And there are many more

I didnt say all of them had basis but there are ones that does and thats why (for them) that we study.

But yet, you stand is wrong.

And you know everything I'm sure.

Before making another stupid reply, understand what i said and study a little bit discreet math.

You are pretty ignorant.

Arrogance breeds ignorance my friend.

I think you would be doing everyone a favour if you chilled out a bit. DreamLord is obviously curious and trying to understand what is a difficult and convoluted subject. Putting people down isn't a great way to communicate and if you think the tone in which you have dealt with explaining things has somehow made yourself look more intelligent, then you would be sorely mistaken. These forums are supposed to be an outlet for inquisitive(and sometimes young) minds. Beratting people hardly encourgaes openess in thinking and while those of us who have the answers feel somewhat obliged to share them, we should do so in a constructive manner.

DreamLord has a definate point, in that just because their is no evidence for an idea does not mean it shouldn't be thought about and discussed, assesed on its merits/drawbacks, which is why we are here.

think you would be doing everyone a favour if you chilled out a bit. DreamLord is obviously curious and trying to understand what is a difficult and convoluted subject.

Then his attitude is wrong, he then should had ask for a better properly explanation instead of trowing crapy comments.

These forums are supposed to be an outlet for inquisitive(and sometimes young) minds.

Young not stupid. and this is not with you or against you. but there are proper ways to behave.

DreamLord has a definate point, in that just because their is no evidence for an idea does not mean it shouldn't be thought about and discussed, assesed on its merits/drawbacks, which is why we are here.

Seems that you did not pay attention.. i explained the things to DreamLord then he didnt even care to understand what i was saying, not even search for discreet math and conceptualization. so that is why i am getting rude.

Its easy man.

I know of some of the things you are talking about. I just don't exactly like it when people start getting rude, and call me ignorant. Sorry for stating my opinion and trying to learn about this subject.

By the way, I'm a girl. Please don't call me "he".

AtomicMX, you think you know everything, come on put 4D ellipsoid coordinates in laplacian.

laplace transformations are not a big deal, are a big work.

I know of some of the things you are talking about. I just don't exactly like it when people start getting rude, and call me ignorant. Sorry for stating my opinion and trying to learn about this subject.

You pushed me to, i am not preventing anyone from learning.

But ingorance is the lack of knowledge, for example i am a poetry ignorant.

You can state your opinion, but there are PHYSICS rules and Mathematic (algebraic, linear, calculus and in this case DISCREETE) that you should respect.

I am not arguing your statement with my opinion, i am telling you that you are wrong, but i am not a teacher, so i just show you what are you lacking.

By the way, I'm a girl. Please don't call me "he".

:P As far as i know i have always told you, you.

(though refering you to others as he)

I did not know that you where girl... are you cute?

DreamLord: Keep questioning and don't let them bring u down! Nice with more girls here to! I guess we AND science needs them! So guys! Start behaving!

We need to start studying.

You pushed me to' date=' i am not preventing anyone from learning.

But ingorance is the lack of knowledge, for example i am a poetry ignorant.[/quote']

You pushed me too. Let's just drop the subject. I believe in the multiverse theory, you don't, just let it go.

:P As far as i know i have always told you, you.

(though refering you to others as he)

I did not know that you where girl... are you cute?

I know, I was just stating for future references. My name is because I really like the Sandman comics, I realise now it does sound masculine with the "lord" in it. Am I cute?.. I guess that's just a matter of opinion.