Election 2004

MolecularMan14

What 2004 candidate do you stand behind?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What 2004 candidate do you stand behind?

• George W. Bush
    • John Kerry

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(chuckle) I could have sworn you Euros said you didn't care about our election.

I could have thrown a pebble and hit a dozen BBC reporters today.

Calling a Briton a 'Euro' is a bit like calling an American a Mexican.

And yes, i have to admit your election is pretty interesting.

Yes. I rather liked it myself.

It's looking like Bush has it, so I guess that means the US electorate just chose Hillary Clinton for 2008.

Edit: We need a small animated gif that shows someone 'stirring' a large pot of opinions, predjudices, presumptions and the like.

I will be cancelling all my planned trips to the US for the immediate future....
Sorry, but that's laughable.

BUSH BREAKS ALL-TIME POPULAR VOTE TOTAL, SURPASSING REAGAN...

I wonder if the Kerry campaign will begin filing lawsuits if Bush picks up this last electoral vote. It looks like the republicans held on to control of the house and senate.

It's worth pointing out Kerry has won the second largest number of popular votes in history.

I don't think the Kerry campaign will begin filing lawsuits, that's something only Bush has done after losing the last election. :P

(chuckle) I could have sworn you Euros said you didn't care about our election.

I could have thrown a pebble and hit a dozen BBC reporters today.

To quote Homer Simpson 'Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand'.

it remains to be seen. its funny how the republicans challenged voter eligability. desperation...OHIO is still not decided, kerry needs 150,000 votes, and there are almost half a million absentee ballots that have not been opened, not only that, but the people voting on absentee ballots were likely the people turned away by conservatives.

hey blike, if bush is president and reinstates the draft, i hope you and all your republican buddies are the first ones drafted. that should be the rule, anyone who votes for bush should be the ones drafted.

:( This will make it very hard to be sympathetic to Americans in the future. I will be cancelling all my planned trips to the US for the immediate future....

I'm sorry you feel this way, if you change your mind, I think you'll find the Americans are exactly the same as they were on your last visit....if any.

Personally, I think it all came down to the bin Laden tape. That played exactly the way bin Laden would have wanted it, since diplomacy is the only way to stifle terrorism. Bush will keep us fighting in the Middle East (next stop: Iran?) and that will only insure a high degree of terror and a fanatical terrorist following for years to come.

hey blike, if bush is president and reinstates the draft, i hope you and all your republican buddies are the first ones drafted.
I'm glad you don't post in the Jokes thread because you aren't funny at all. That's one of the most callous things I've ever seen posted about a fellow member. What an evil way to spend your hope.

Technically, now that Bill Clinton has been out of office for more than one term would he be legally allowed to stand for office again?

No. Two elected terms is the max.

(Edit: Which is kinda sad, actually, I like Bill a lot more since he left office.)

The last prez to serve more than two terms was FDR, who died in office at the end of WW2. I believe (someone check me on this) that the 22nd amendment changed the constitution to limit prez's to two terms during the next (Truman) administration.