Favorite Scientists

ed84c

And i guess i couldn't refuse! but i like eletronic valves and light bulbs ;) Don't u? atleast the light bulb eh?

well i like the light bulb too, you know the one invented my Joseph swann 7 months earlier than edison? which swann gave to the british government to help stop gas fires?

"my dad was good friends with Linus Pauling" -- thats amazing

Linus Pauling was truly an extraordinary man. He discovered the double-helix structure of proteins, helped us understand the chemical bond, discovered some of the beneficial properties of vitamin c, e and b, and he received two Nobel prizes.

"Full of "radical thought" Yes he was. I think that is part of what makes a great scientist.

gauss cos his meter is usefull in my ghost hunts. faraday with electric cage thingy. moore for his computer law. babage for his efforts with computing and them world war 2 dudes that helped with computing aswell. o and marie curie with radiation

I betting it's based on one of two things:

1) Showing off knowledge of a lesser-known scientist and his works

or

2) Picking the scientist who has made the greatest advances in the field that you find the most interesting.

I didn't really choose mine based upon any set of criteria; it was just a choice of two scientists that made an impact on me. I'm into biochemistry so Linus Pauling was an easy choice for me because of his early work in chemistry and his amazing contributions in biochem. His work with proteins and his many contributions in my field have influenced me and anyone else interested in the chemistry of living things.

I chose Leonardo Da Vinchi because he was simply one of the most brilliant men who ever lived. He was studying and uncovering the secrets of life at a time when man was almost completely in the dark when it came to understanding how life worked.