What's next for Human Evolution?

Galindo

Could it be- a new way of thinking...Using other parts of the brain?

Maybe over the year's we as humans have forgot the true meaning of life? Money and material goods are seemingly controlling our lives and also corrupting it. People get paid on TV nowadays just to be happy- when there are little kids dying each day of hunger, but these so called "icons" do not acknowledge it. Our government is run by these officials but we do not know what is going on behind close doors. We watch the TV day by day and listen to these people, but we still do not have a clue what is going on in our government, and in the world around us. We all kind of live in our own little world.

But what if one were to start expanding ideas, thinking radical thoughts that challenged the ideas of even Einstein. What if it were possible to tune in to other dimensions and be able to tune back to fit in with today's society? Is that the problem? Today's society prevents this new sort of radical thinking? Nowaday's we all kind of do our own thing and don't think twice about it? What if that's it though, we're all kind of limiting ourselves by our own actions and thoughts. I'm sure if you were born thousands of years ago you would not be the same person you are now.

I believe there are far higher forms of consciousness available but the local and global society we live in today prevents us as humans from thinking like this. If we all started using our brains to it's full potential I'm almost certain everybody would change and start "seeing" the big picture.

I believe that the next stage in Evolution is Computers.

We have came to the end of our abillity to adapt to our surroundings and evolve, we now depend on technology to fulfill our hopes and ambitions so we have no need to evolve.

We are either a dying species or Technology will take over the running of our lives, sad isn't it?

Where are the Thinkers the Visionarys the Explorers?

Life is now too easy and we dont respect those people, perhaps things will change and Humans will once again evolve, but I doubt it!

People with a "half-empty glass" outlook frustrate me to no end. :P

It's pretty easy to focus on what's NOT being done, and much more difficult to acknowledge what IS being done. It's easy to see the starving kids and hard to see organizations like Kids Against Hunger that are helping thousands of people around the globe.

Instead of focusing on terrorists and corrupt governments, you could acknowledge the wonderful work of the Central Asia Institute, an organization that builds schools for boys AND girls in remote regions of Pakistan and Afghanistan so the extreme religious madrassas are not the only schooling these kids get.

I think the next evolution of mankind (not the biological kind, more the social kind is what we've been talking about here) is going to be one of hope and peace instead of fear and despair. It starts when people get a well-rounded education that teaches them to think FOR themselves instead of ABOUT themselves. As a species, we need to acknowledge our successes and revel in them instead of constantly creating crises to fix. If we can stop complaining and start realizing how far we've come in a relatively short time, maybe we can be around for a relatively long time.

Within the next few decades genetic engineering and designer children will be common. Parents will at first choose to alter there babies genes to prevent diseases, cancers, predisposition to evil, violence, murder etc

As the technology and business advances many more designer genes will start being chosen by parents for there children.

Genes that increase intelligence, resist cancers and diseases, sharpen vision & hearing, increase beauty, increase health, lifespan, or even make immortality possible will start to be used.

This technology and business will probably be very expensive and only available to the rich members of our society. This will inevitably result in a split of the species. On one hand you will have the rich genius, immortal super humans lets call them "Homo Evolutus" and on the other hand you will have the poor genetically inferior humans "Homo Sapiens".

Technologies such as nanotechnology and quantum computers may also have a huge effect on us. In the next 50 years most humans will will have access to endless information via electronic link to the brain. A small chip on your scalp linked to your brain will allow instant download of all human knowledge, internet, math, science etc. But again this technology will probably be very expensive so only "Homo Evolutus" will be able to afford it.

The next step in human evolution is intelligent design! Well right now it's more of a semi-intelligent mix-and-match, but I'm sure we'll be designing our own proteins soon enough.

I would have to agree that biotechnology would probably someday become something like the computer age.

When our former president was in office his stance on issues like genetic engineering caused for a lot of trouble in the U.S in regards to interested parties. I do not know if Obama is much different on the issue in regards to stopping it basically, but the cash cow of genetic engineering I think will eventually come into existence. Not only do you have to think of the economic boom that would create, but another factor to consider is law surrounding genetic engineering and related technologies in other nations.

More then political I wonder what humanity would think if tomorrow for instance you could have plastic surgery on a genetic level, or for that matter have a multitude of different possibilities if we could actually bioengineer anything we could think up?

I think we will merge with machines and become cyborgs, able to use a computer to augment your mind directly. Possibly directing many things remotely as easily as we now use our fingers and hands.This will lead to mass consciousness and human who can out preform what we now thin k of as genius many times over. Possibly this will lead to a single human wielding the resources of a modern country or (and I hope this is closer to the truth) result in a human needing far less in resources because you can to so much remotely and even live in a virtual world.