Hacking...

Crash

cubase vst used to ship with dongle cos they used to have it in my school.

neber used deamon tools. heard its good. download most of my games from bit torrent. also use alcohol to copy protected cds. takes a while to skip through all the error blocks in a safedisd 2/3 disc. takes about 2 hours for me. somehow i cant seem to make alcohol fast skip the error blocks.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because the error blocks are integral to the protection on the CD. It has to read through them all otherwise the disc will be dud. You're literally making a bit for bit copy of the CD.

• 1 month later...
takes a while to skip through all the error blocks in a safedisd 2/3 disc. takes about 2 hours for me. somehow i cant seem to make alcohol fast skip the error blocks.

alcohol does have to, as dave said, takes a while to skip through the error blocks, cloneCD is faster, but isnt as good, sometimes the copies dont work, however it shouldnt take 2 hours, more like 10 mins! and thats max,

try selecting, fast skip bad errors!

maybe your CD drive is slow, or was that timing a one off?

what alcohol you using? 120, or 52?

get the most up-to-date one, use 120, maybe it was a problem with the original. update it.

sorry, i see what the problem is,

when you click 'image making wizard'

theres a screen where you select the protection that the CD has,

if you select 'safedisc 2/3' thats 2 or 3, not two thirds, [this is on alcohol 120, most up-to date]

if auto ticks the box 'fast skip error blocks' additionally in brackets 'not every divice supports this function'

obviously, ur device does not support the fast skip error function, consequently, you have to spend and hour and 50 mins, more than us, but i suppose its luck if you have it or not, no one buys a computer designed for one CD copying program.

I am still able to select the fast skip error blocks. i got no idea my reader supports it. They should make alcohol check automatically and grey out the box if the function is not available.

Also if u want to copy safedisc cds , you have to find out what "Sheep" rating ur drive is. i have a 2 sheep writer, so i have to disable the bypass EFM error in the writing options. if u have a one sheep writer you have to enable it. been round all the alcohol and clonecd forums finding stuff out.

I am still able to select the fast skip error blocks. i got no idea my reader supports it. They should make alcohol check automatically and grey out the box if the function is not available.

you can still select it, but it wont work, if your cd doesnt support it. i say, it is highly likely that that is your problem. :D

Also if u want to copy safedisc cds , you have to find out what "Sheep" rating ur drive is. i have a 2 sheep writer, so i have to disable the bypass EFM error in the writing options. if u have a one sheep writer you have to enable it. been round all the alcohol and clonecd forums finding stuff out.

how do you do that? :confused:

talking about keyloggers, is it possible to detect a hardware keylogger (the type that bridges the keyboard to the actual port) without physically checking each computer on the network??

what are you trying to say? i dont follow..... soz :confused:

It seems the computing world is a hell of alot more interesting than what I ever took it for.....

indeed it is... ;)

what are you trying to say? i dont follow..... soz :confused:

A key logger is an attachment that logs a users keystrokes. It's used to gain a user passwords, read private emails etc. Because it's not conneted to the PC, but the keyboard, it's impossible for the system to know it's there:-

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/5a05/

A sheep rating is to do with a CDRW ability to copy bit patterns, which in the case of copying games is required to get a workable copy (due to the manufacturer putting complex patterns in place to stop a copy being made). One sheep bad, two sheep good, no sheep means don't bother :-/

Guess what?

Someone broke into my school staffroom at 8.20 last night and hacked into the school computers (using the staff room computer) and changed all the demirit points lists around along with some other stuff, They used keys to enter and My biology teachers (my mates mums) passwords to get in.

Guess whos the numero uno suspect? ME! damn them

Luckily i have a alaby but due to me having high demerit points and the fact that my account was accessed twice means they all think im an axe murderer because of the previous incident aswell, will i ever get a break now?

well sort of' date=' but thats what ive been charged with at school...so i will have alot more time on my hands to whore the forums.....

I gets suspended...along with never being allowed to touch a computer in the school again.....PLUS 5000$ repair bill can ya believe it!

pi$$ing me off, all i did was install a keylogger, disabled the antivirus software adn created a batch file to load it onto everycomputer every time new ones start up, set up an ftp to route all the info to my email everytime they go online.... and made the files hidden and deleted all the stuuf off my comp to hide me tracks, but they had everything logged on a linux server..

Do you really think i deserve the punishment i am givin?

oh yea i said a few abusive things to the teach aswell in the logger....[/quote']

strange my friend was doing that minus the ftp, last year, and he was never caught...good times, good times

well, where were you at that time, if you were with anyone, then you can prove yourself innocent, if not, ur screwed, if you were on a website, they might have logged what time you were on it, so thats proof of where you are and when, that'd prove you innocent.

your school is really mucked up with hackers, you, this other person and all ;)

Seems im never to live it down now.......

The only thing I can say is that if you're going to do all this hacking stuff, then you're going to have to deal with the consequences of being caught. Obviously, this is one of them.

[soory, havent been on this thread for a while]

these hardware keylogger, can't you just look and see if they are there? i mean, seemingly the software ones are better, they can be remotely accessed, have a limit of the space of the HDD, doesnt appear in programs running, its all top secret ;) i've used software keyloggers before, just as experiments ;-) they hide themselves from process viewers and the add/remove program lists, run on start up, they're wicked