Hacking...

Crash

you mean software piracy? or use of (malicious) hacking scrypts(hence the word script kiddie)? or conspiracy/intent of identity theft/fraud?

they would need to prove what greater your intent was 1st. then, depending on what they think, as remember, this may have been a game for you and your friend, but nobody else is playing any games.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont want to do it, but where can you get a key logger from, just a basic one, doesnt need to be 'invisible', just log all the key strokes! that was kinad obvious, after all that's what a key logger does,

where can you get them from? [preferably for free]

&

are they legal or illegal, or does it depend on what you want it for?

you mean software piracy? or use of (malicious) hacking scrypts(hence the word script kiddie)? or conspiracy/intent of identity theft/fraud?

they would need to prove what greater your intent was 1st. then' date=' depending on what they think, as remember, this may have been a game for you and your friend, but nobody else is playing any games.[/quote']

software piracy, what can they do about it?

You seem to know quite a lot on this admiral! ;)

a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far away, i started out as a script kiddie, i then graduated to a much more developed hacker. after turning 18, i could NOT afford to do any jail time, hence i had to give up my bad habits ;)

but at times, i still miss all the fun things i did....... :D

You can get prosecuted for it, and even sent to prisoin if they feel you have attempted it. NEVER try it. It is a VERY serious crime.

a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far away, i started out as a script kiddie, i then graduated to a much more developed hacker. after turning 18, i could NOT afford to do any jail time, hence i had to give up my bad habits

but at times, i still miss all the fun things i did.......

Admiral's history... Very interesting!

You can get prosecuted for it, and even sent to prisoin if they feel you have attempted it. NEVER try it. It is a VERY serious crime.

yub yub, commander ;)

in the USA, now, well since 9/11, you can easily attract FBI on your case doing this and upto 5years in jail or something.

Admiral's history... Very interesting!

heh, i installed back orifice on all my (1st) university's libriary computers(and a few other things). i was really, really wanting the access to their LexisNexis, which worked to an extent, 'till i realized i've done it in a very sloppy fashion so, yeah, i had go and undo some of the things.....

like i said, before it hits 18, it's all goooooooooooooooood timeeeeeeeees :D

i dunno if you guys know or have heard of him, but my hero during those days was Kevin Mitnick. :)

oh i believe that he still holds the title of the most notorious hacker ever.

he has recently been released from prison after he decided to break into a few systems' date=' gave FBI a run for their money, bleh, blah, bleh :D:D

here's some info on the matter......

http://www.takedown.com/bio/mitnick.html[/quote']

I take a rather dim view of the man myself. He seems to be obsessed with publicity.

Depends who "they" is.

Any software publisher could press charges, and since it's a crime that probably means fines and a criminal record, possibly jail, equipment confiscation, and ban terms.

The FAST would probably only press charges if they believed the pirate to be a distributor.

Comforting to know the world does not yet belong to the self-confessed teenaged "hackers"*.

* Especially since most of them don't know what a hacker actually is.

i belive mitnick did it for the fame and freinds anyway, and he also has a form of dyslexia refered to as the hackers desiese. people take difrent interpritation of the word hacker, most people in school think you are one if you use command prompt.... i refer to is as a computer / network enthusiast. ive done some things but not to a really bad extent.

i sort of did this kind of stuff in our schoo, but luckily the network admin was too incompetent. like deleting users and adding user names, changing the admin pass. it was quite fun watching his dumb face being terrorised.

To develop that point, hackers are just computer engineers that know a lot about computers. They try and find wormholes in operating systems and try to learn more about them

As for crackers, they are the ones who crack programs and find serial numbers and create cracks for software. They are the ones who create the virusses that damage our computers and files!

Hackers consider it a great insult if people called them crackers because they do not damage anything. It is the crackers who do. Nowadays, when someone refers to a hacker, we usually think of someone evil, much to the hacker's discontent!