Big Brother 5

Dave

Is anyone in the UK actually watching this? I've never seen such a load of drivel in my life. They're trying to boost ratings by throwing in a load of completely mismatched people and generally making their life hell. Personally it makes me want to watch it even less.

Perhaps they should come around to the fact that the show's idea is good at first, and after that it just becomes boring. 5 series of this is really starting to get on my nerves now :)

It's my first night for 3 days that I've spent outside of a pub, so I can honestly say I've missed it all.

I read they were going to put them in an oppressive environment with people with vast ideological differences. Well, that's not what they said exactly but something like that.

Yeah, I heard what they were going to do a while back - after watching the first one, where they sent them in .... well, word's could never explain it. I mean, I wasn't THAT hyped about the first series, five down the line and things are starting to get stupid - I mean, did you see the intro's ?!! Those guys are totally opposite, and by that I mean seriously (to the point it would cause some serious fights) opposite lol. I've not bothered with it after watching who went in .... one of the biggest waste's of money I've seen in a long time.

On the agenda this time: two gay guys, a self confessed homophobe, a lesbian political activist (who is an ex-prostitute), a woman who is divorced at 26, a woman who is actually a man, an ex-male stripper who is now a flight attendant, the most arrogant guy you've ever met, a guy who said he was "probably the most intelligent person you've interviewed", a Jade Goody type figure with the most annoying voice on the face of the planet, a page 3 model wanabee and, to top the list - a history of arts student.

My heart goes out to her.

You've never seen/heard the plot of Big Brother? That amazes me.

They basically shove 12 people in a house for 10 weeks or so who are constantly monitored by cameras and have no contact with the outside world, and then evict one person each week until there's about 3 or 4 and then they boot the other 2 or 3 out, leaving 1 winner who collects a cash prize. That's the general jist of it, at least.

You've never seen/heard the plot of Big Brother? That amazes me.

They basically shove 12 people in a house for 10 weeks or so who are constantly monitored by cameras and have no contact with the outside world' date=' and then evict one person each week until there's about 3 or 4 and then they boot the other 2 or 3 out, leaving 1 winner who collects a cash prize. That's the general jist of it, at least.[/quote']

Wow, is that entertaining? :P

Well the first and second series were because of the novelty value, but the rest of the series have been a complete letdown tbh, not worth watching at all.

They also have weekly tasks for their food budget and things like that so it can be quite entertaining at times.

...and' date=' to top the list - a history of arts student.

My heart goes out to her.[/quote']

Why? She worked as hard to get her face on that pisspoor excuse for 'entertainment' as any of the others in it. She'll get her 15 minutes of fame, selling her story to the Sun, moaning about how mean, two faced and cruel everybody was, same as the rest of them. In the meantime, the world can go to hell and nobody in this country will know a damn thing about it because the papers will be full of shit about who's shagging who in big sodding brother. :mad:

Ah ha haaaa ha ha haaaaaaaa hah haaaah!

Ahem.

Some people think so. Unfortunately' date=' that's enough of a 'some' to make it worth doing again and again and again.[/quote']

Well that was an interesting response. :rolleyes:

I think it's a mixture of public and contestant votes that determine who gets kicked off ..... this time though, they've decided to add some little 'kicks' to make it a little more interesting. One such stupid thing is ... you guessed it, 12 contestants right ? .... 10 beds, one double bed....the house ? Well they only made it smaller, they've added more of those little talk places where people often to go moan about one another ... but really I'm still laughing about the guy with the most annoying voice - I have NEVER heard anything like him.

'Apparently'.

You've got the BB5 magazine from woolworths' date=' admit it :P[/quote']

Well, now you mention it...

no.

:P

I just can't wait until someone breaks another person's nose :)

yeah ... I've recently started watching A&E's biography. It's pretty cool stuff, talking about famous people from the past & present.

So far, I've watched the Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, & Saddam Hussein.

The other TV show i watch is hockey!!!!

GO CALGARY FLAMES!

:D

Whoever started this "reality show" crap needs to be shot. That's all that's on the network channels anymore. "OMG SEE WHO BOOTS WHO OFF THE SHOW."

pfT.

The other one they had on recently was called "Shattered" - to see how long people could stay awake for. Person who stayed awake longest got the prize.

Was a big pile of <insert random obscenity here> :P