best place to live in the world

Not sure if this belongs in this section or not, but there is alot of people around the world that are on this site and have a brain haha. I've see a list of articles in what would be the best places to live as far as money, job employment, happiness etc. And i'm currently at a point in my life where i have alot of freedom to pick up and move someplace else and start a new.

So my question is where would you guys/gals concider to be the best place to live in the world. With the paramiters of happiness, job employment, low crmie, health care,etc. Not lookin for a utopia but maybe there is something better than this american view that we're the createst and capitalism an so on.

Thanks!

Only you can answer this. Do you like warm weather and ocean beaches? The look to the South, perhaps Maimi, or San Diego, or Hawaii; or overseas consider Australia or New Zealand. Do you like hiking and skiing? then look at Colorado or the Alps. I'm pretty sure Iraq won't be on your short list of choices, but the economic and crime differences between Europe, the USA, Australia, etc (all "Western, 1st world" nations) are minor in comparison to the cultural and climate differences, IMO.

I myself, would love to move to New Zealand, Manchester{Uk}, or Hawaii. New York would be quite pleasant I think too.

I currently reside in a tiny little town in California, so im kind of sick of the sun right now, so Its looking for me more like Manchester, or New York.

My shed is the BEST place to live in the world. Carpeted, warm, beer supply, freezer full of food. Half a mile from wildlife park containing Rhinos, apes, tigers, elephants etc.. Freindly neighbours and country walks. Two miles from town.

- PM me for details - I am thinking of letting it out for about £500.00 per week if anyone fancies a holiday over the summer. Discount available for longer stays.

... Manchester{Uk}...

Manchester? Really?

I was living in the Manchester area for three years and generally I did not like it.

But if a busy dirty city with all its social problems is the thing for you then Manchester may be ideal for you.

the economic and crime differences between Europe, the USA, Australia, etc (all "Western, 1st world" nations) are minor in comparison to the cultural and climate differences, IMO.

No shit SH3RLOCK! If I was to move, my principle motivation would be to have nicer weather. I am a bit fed up with rain 300 days a year.

Thanks for all the replys to this. I have heard an seen alot of the survays that say most Scandinavian areas are top choices, but I could only tolerate so much cold. As for the UK, that doesn't really seem like my cup of tea. Fun to visit but not living for me.

I guess I've had my fill of new york and most of the US. Maybe hawaii for the weather, surf and if i can get into that observatory they have that would def be an added bonus!