is the essence of time > movement ?

north

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either time allows movement or movement creates time.

movement creates time

if time allows movement , then what is it about time that can block any physical movement by any physical object of any kind ?

Oooh... I know... Semantic Games!!

not at all

if you disagree show semantics games are prevalent

rather than reasoning

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Not only movement, but gravity has an influence on time.

indirectly

Is time needed for gravity to exist?

absolutely not

If you freeze time, movement will stop.

you got it backwards

if you freeze movement , time will stop

If you stop movement, time will not freeze.

above

I think time is independent of movement unless you can prove otherwise.

if there is no movement what then is time based on ?

Wouldn't that be like saying your sight would quit working just because it was dark and there was nothing to see?

NO

why would think that ?

and what is the connection with what you say and time ?

actually what propose is not a theory but fact

think about it , deeply

And for those of us remaining awake, what pray-tell is the way you can test your assertions?

Scratch that...

1) Using precise language, what is your claim? Then...

2) How can we run a test on that claim that has the chance of falsifying it?

And for those of us remaining awake, what pray-tell is the way you can test your assertions?

Scratch that...

1) Using precise language, what is your claim? Then...

2) How can we run a test on that claim that has the chance of falsifying it?

1) that time is merely a consequence of the measurement of the movement of object(s)

2) apply time and time alone to any object(s) movement and see if that makes any difference to the object behaviour , physically

Either time allows movement or movement creates time.

i think its neither time doesnt allow movement, energy allows movement, and movement doesnt create time, time measures movement. so theres no creating or allowing, its just measurment. time is man-made. i think that movement is indepedent of time and time is just the measurement of any moving bodys selected lifespan amount. like the measurment of a selected amount space is meters, feet, kilometers, time is just like that, and we use things like seconds, days, hours etc... to express it.

1) that time is merely a consequence of the measurement of the movement of object(s)

2) apply time and time alone to any object(s) movement and see if that makes any difference to the object behaviour , physically

that is an argument for philosophy, does time pass unless a tree falls in the forest etc.

how do you apply time alone to movement? where is it moving?

i think its neither time doesnt allow movement, energy allows movement, and movement doesnt create time, time measures movement. so theres no creating or allowing, its just measurment. time is man-made. i think that movement is indepedent of time and time is just the measurement of any moving bodys selected lifespan amount. like the measurment of a selected amount space is meters, feet, kilometers, time is just like that, and we use things like seconds, days, hours etc... to express it.

you got it

( slowly but surely the truth about time is sinking in , expanding into the general mind set )

only joking. just the same thing as saying

slowly but surely the truth about time is sinking in , expanding into the general mind set
. not like its actually a virus, as in a bad thing, like its a way of understanding that, once in your head, is rather hard to get out. like a virus.

its kind of an inside joke i guess. my bad.

only joking. just the same thing as saying . not like its actually a virus, as in a bad thing, like its a way of understanding that, once in your head, is rather hard to get out. like a virus.

its kind of an inside joke i guess. my bad.

gotcha

you got me , for a moment:D

Merged post follows:

Consecutive posts merged
Originally Posted by north

that is an argument for philosophy, does time pass unless a tree falls in the forest etc.

no

how do you apply time alone to movement?

you can't

where is it moving?

where is what moving ?

so just to be clear you believe time only passes if an observer is there to measure some difference?

first you suggest i apply time alone to an objects motion, then you say it's impossible, which is it?

actually what propose is not a theory but fact

think about it in depth

If it's fact, then it must be observed to be true. Better still if it's predicted by existing theory. But since movement cannot be stopped, how could this ever be observed? If we do this abstractly, by transforming into a reference frame where there is no motion, we see that time runs at its fastest — that motion causes time to run slower.

So how is it that you present this as fact?