The Ideal Death Thread

Sayonara

I asked this question in the "Answer the previous question and ask the next poster a new one" thread, but I think it's interesting to see what people can come up with, so now you all have the opportunity to reply.

When the time comes for you to die, how* would you most like to go out? :eek:

"I don't plan on dying" (or similar) is not a valid answer.

"In bed with a beautiful man/woman" is cliché - we're going for originality here ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind dying via nuclear explosion, as long as I was close to the center of the blast and vaporized instantly.

Other than that, lethal injection or dying in your sleep isn't a bad way to go. To me, what would make a death a "bad one" is one that you forsee and/or spend a lot of time in the process of dying or in pain.

Edit: That's to my 20 year old self. I know many terminal patients patients may have a different opinion on a good death.

the incredible pain idea I`ve though about before, and it MAY have it`s + side!

since no-one in their right mind wants to die and the though of it is quite scary to most people, what a better way to take the edge of that fear than to be in a situation where you actualy Welcome Death?

just a thought :)

Maybe a good death would be like the guy in "The Long Watch" by Robart A. Heinlein. He's a bomb technician on a military base on the moon who's base commander decides to go Hitler with the nukes they have there. The technician locks himself in the bomb room and manually smashes apart the bombs so that he can't, and dies from the plutonium before the Earth military gets there. Maybe not the best way to die, but hey, imagine going with the knowledge that you'd saved pretty much the whole human race. ;)

True, it's a bit "Charge of the Light Brigade". After one's whole life you deserve a peaceful death, but personally I'd rather go out in a blaze of glory. :)

Not that that sort of thing happens much if you're a scientist. :/

That made me laugh :D Great idea though! I hear you can make homemade C4 as well if it's properly labelled, with household materials. Why wait till you're old?

Seriously though, maybe one of the most peaceful ways to die would be from a carbon monoxide leak. You'd just fall asleep...

yup, homemade C4`s quite easy to make, it`s safely trying to make the detonator cap that`s the "FUN" part :)

I`de like to know why this thread has a purple sad face attatched to it? surely if it`s an "Ideal Death" it should be a happy thing?

LOL, sweet Icon :)

as for dying, I`de rather not either just yet, but I`m sure there will come a time when I`m old and worn out and happy with all the things I`ve done in life, and will "sit under my tree" and slip away to my next adventure/learning experience :)

Good point about the gravestone dave. I'll put away the bunsen burners now...

How about jumping out of an aircraft without a parachute? You've be able to fly and die instantly as a bonus. :P

By the way, I noticed the Sayonara 5000th post thread. Sayonara has to respond first. Bring on the speeches!

This is my 50th post (1% Sayonara's...) so if you'll excuse me I'm going to try out those arcade games...

EDIT: Hmm, were the arcades removed? I can't find them :/

The best way to die isn't something something that people think about often, at least not me. If I think about it I think the thing I would be most worried about is my family and friends I left behind. I think I rather die really old so that I can spend time with them first.

Ideally, at risk of sounding religous, I would want to die in the millennium.