1. 1. Favorite Star Trek Series?

• The Original Series
    • Next Generation
    • Deep Space 9
    • Voyager
    • Enterprise
    • They all suck
    • They all rule

I liked the transition to STNG though it started off like putting your toes into cold water before ya jump in. The physics presented wasn't unbelievable and they didn't stray too far from potential reality but mainly they adhered to the prime directive which I think is awesome important. In fact I have to limit my post to this because of the prime directive, foolish mortals.

Just aman

I adored the next generation, but I loved DS9 also. It had the perfect balance of action and drama - and many really kewl episodes about the emotional aspect of things , more than any other startrek series :)

~moo

TNG!!!

TOS was...cheesy to me.

DS9 had too much going on I think.

I never watched much of Voyager, thoguh I think it's pretty good the ones I've watched, it's not TNG level.

• 3 months later...

I mean season 3 too.

It was absolutely abysmal. Predictable, trite, insipid; they just retrod old ground that every other show, not just Star Trek, has done before.

Enterprise has generated a grand total of 3 decent episodes in the same number of years. That's not good enough.

DS9 kept a single arc moving well for the better part of five years. Voyager did the same overall story as Ent for seven years, and only has a handful of episodes that are as bad as the average Ent outing.

Racial slurs! :o

To be quite honest, anyone who doesn't vote for TNG doesn't know what Star Trek is (this counts as a racial slur as well, if you get my meaning). Period. The way that episodes didn't have a continuing storyline in those are what's good about them; you can come in at any time without having had to watch all the previous ones to understand what's going on. Some shows like Farscape are alright, unless you miss a single one in which case you're lost. The same can be said for Stargate SG1 I suppose. They tend to replay critical episodes because otherwise nobody will have a clue what's going on.

DS9 was a bit religious at the end and started to go pear shaped with marriages/deaths/backstories, but they were trying to wrap it all up and they can't have a war without a continuing storyline so that's understandable. Voyager was good because they didn't interconnect (though they did tend only to be about Janeway + Seven + The Doctor). But TNG was the only non-interconnected one with original storylines, since they were all new, and got across the best visoin of the Federation. I think things would be different if Gene Roddenberry was still alive. :/

This post is long in a sad way, considering this is just about a scifi series, but maybe it'll stop yet another argument (or disagreement) from breaking out...

tng just went to the same places all the time (Earth, romulan neutral zone, klingon neutral zone, to and from and said empires.) yet they call themselves explorers. yes they did go to the delta quadrant, but not of thier own free will

u have a tendancey to infer things that aren't implied

Maybe it's just that you're really bad at expressing yourself.

And the post above me has broken the forum tables something wicked, to use the kind of language you young people are so fond of.

One thing that irritates me the most is their idea of alien species.

Even a single facial deformity constitutes an alien race.

That is actually explained, because all the major life forms of the galaxy are descended from one species (TNG; 'The Chase'). Of course, there's stuff like species 8934180241272, if you want something 'different' and 'bad cg'.

Not descended from one species exactly - certain genetic patterns derived from that species were seeded across the galaxy.

Intelligent non-humanoid species:

Species 8472* (VOY: Scorpion, In the Flesh, Prey), the Bluegills (TNG: Conspiracy), the Melosians, the Crystalline Entity (TNG: Datalore, Silicon Avatar), Gomtuu (TNG: Tin Man), the Demons (VOY: Demon, Course: Oblivion), the "microbrains", the Companion, cystosporean life forms (VOY: Caretaker, Cold Fire), the Organians (TOS: Errand of Mercy, Day of the Dove), the Medusans, the Thasians, the Zetar (TOS: The Lights of Zetar), the Legarians (TNG: Sarek), the Beta XII-A entity, the Triskelion (TOS: The Gamesters of Triskelion), the Dou'ud, the Sheliak, the Farpoint entities, the Q, the Tholians, the Kelvans (TOS: By any other Name), the Founders...

I could go on.

*They actually aren't from our galaxy, but I don't think +- 1 species will change balance that much.