Your definition of a genius

Guest Therapist

Guest Therapist

Hey everyone, just wondering what everyones definition of a genius, had a recent discussion with someone and he had a different definition which i thought was kind of odd. How would you define a genius?

1) RESEARCH GENIUS

Someone who has extensive knowledge of their field and can apply it in research or industry or teach it to someone to learn.

2) GENERAL GENIUS

Someone who can carry an intelligent conversation of any topic. And not look stupid.

3) STREET GENIUS

Someone who can live on any means and get what they want.

A genious is technically defined as anyone that knows aproximately as much as I do, and can solve approximately as many problems. If lower than me, then the person is not a genious. If apparently significantly higher than me, then the person is obviously faking it as so is only a fake genious. And actually, those close to me are really only pseudogeniouses, because they do not actually match me.

Proof: A = A. Let us define me as A. You are clearly not A. I am a genious, so you are clearly not. Any attempt to deny this is a contradiction, for you would be claiming that A != A, which anyone can see is clearly false.

Ms. DNA said in post # :

A genius is someone who is extraordinarily creative. For instance, instead of just writing a poem, a genius might invent a new type of poem (like the sonnet form).

What's so big about a sonnet?

Structured poem?

NSX said in post # :

What's so big about a sonnet?

Structured poem?

Right; it's got a different structure than say, a limerick or a haiku. The point I was trying to make is that a genius could come up with new structures, solutions, or insights instead of using the same thing over and over.

a genius is someone who can make connections between 2+ pieces of information that no one thought of before.

I expect often that's just because their brains are wired a bit diffferently.

Perhaps whether or not it gets them counted as genius or just plain nuts depends on whether or not they can develop that connection in a systematic and useful way, the 99% prespiration part of it

I expect often that's just because their brains are wired a bit diffferently.

There's an article in Scientific American (I think it's the most recent issue) about glia cells in the brain. Studies on Albert Einstein's brain show that he had more of them.