controlling sleep

Kaytie11

Sleep is not just a blank space in your life, it is an essential bodily function. Sleep deficiency causes mental and physical deterioration over time, and has been used as a torture technique.

Anyone would be mad to do it to themselves.

I took a really great class the last time I was at university, and my Cognition professor used to say this one line all of the time which really has stayed with me....

Sleep is food for the brain.

Too bad so many of us are starving ourselves. ;)

That's not a very good idea. Get sleep. Get exercise. Energy drinks are not so good.

I do drink tea, or the occasional espresso, but never after noon.

hey im not the brightest bulb in the tanning bed but it works for me! and i think espressos are way worse than energy drinks!

i think espressos are way worse than energy drinks!

Let's see.

Espresso = Roasted coffee beans and water.

Energy drinks = Uhhmmm... I'm not a chemist, so I can't type or pronounce half the stuff, but it's a lot crap that seems to cause siezures and heart attacks in a fair number of people. :rolleyes:

Point is, Kaytie11, go to sleep when you're tired and all will be well.

Now, unless you have narcolepsy (excessive daytime sleepiness), that is something else, but from what you've described you're just tired at night. :)

Let's see.

Espresso = Roasted coffee beans and water.

Energy drinks = Uhhmmm... I'm not a chemist, so I can't type or pronounce half the stuff, but it's a lot crap that seems to cause siezures and heart attacks in a fair number of people. :rolleyes:

oh there is more in an espresso than just roasted coffee beans and water and your average energy drink contains Carbonated water, sucrose, glucose, citric acid, taurine, natural flavors, sodium citrate, l-carnitine, panax ginseng root extract, ascorbic acid, caffeine, sodium chloride, niacinamide, riboflavin, guarana seed extract, inositol, glucuronalactone, pyridoxine hydrochloride, cyanobalmin..the worst thing this stuff can really do is give you stomach olsars and yes those are extreamly painful but hey they shouldnt be drinking like 6 of them a day everyday!

for coffee info check this out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_and_health

well a good 4 of those IIRC are simply members of the Vitamin B group!

know to assist the CNS, so nothing really to worry about there, but I guess if you don`t Know anything about medicine then those words May seem a little intimidating.

however, if you want SCARY! just look up the ingredients in a Pot-Noodle! :eek:

oh there is more in an espresso than just roasted coffee beans and water
Untrue statement. I think you were referring to the fact that coffee itself has many things in it which may affect the body. But there is nothing but roasted coffee beans and water to an espresso. More oil from the roasted coffee beans is removed via the process, but it's still just roasted coffee beans and water.

Untrue statement. I think you were referring to the fact that coffee itself has many things in it which may affect the body. But there is nothing but roasted coffee beans and water to an espresso. More oil from the roasted coffee beans is removed via the process, but it's still just roasted coffee beans and water.

alright you are right i looked it up there happy you are supream genius of the caffine world. oh by the way did i spell caffine right? i dont think i did :doh: