Questions I have always wondered about- Please Answer

ed84c

Here are some questions I have always been perplexed by;

1) Is angina a condition or a disease?

2) How come that energy is produced greating bonds e.g. 2H2 + 02 = 2H20 and the same happens with breaking bonds?

3)Why can you not predict what hapened before 3mins of the begging of universe (besides its expansion)

4)How whould you explain the quantum view of the universe to somebody who believes that every position of everything in the universe is predifined because you can workout the result of an event.

5)What is the point of the zeroth law of thermodynamics - If A=B And B=C then A must = C

6)What are those 3D animated graphs of quantu mechanics that show like a sheet jumping up and down- what do they reprisent??

7)Why does N2 have an odd number of neutrons

8)Why is NH3 Alkaline

9)Is there any point in looking at stars through a small telescope/ binocs, surely you will only se a point of light?

10) When light hits an elctron it jups an energy shell; how come all things it light dont have that effect?

11)Are there Gamma ray photons and photons for all elctromagnetic waves?

12) What are photons pockets of?

13)Did anybody else once have the romantic idea that each crackle on a gieger counter was an apha particle or betaparticle hitting it?

14)What is the result of a reaction a did CuSO4+ Sodium Bicarbinate= A gas and Green what??

15) if i take a blood sample is there any easy tests I could do on it like biuret and how would I make them?

1. both if you accept the idea of disease as Dis-Ease (creates unease)

2. huh?

3. requires futher explaination!

4. 5. and 6. not my area.

7. N2 is a molecule, many molecules have odd numbers.

8. because it`s H+

9. it depends on the magnification power, alot can also be learned by "points of light" color, movements (including wobble and expansion etc...)

10. huh?

11. all em waves use photons as their media.

12. Energy.

13. "Romantic"?

14. copper carbonate and sodium sulphate

15. huh? I think we`re being a little silly again!

btw, these answers are not complete in anyway!, it will require more than just one to answer them as they cover different feilds. this is only one reponse of many, be sure :)

2) Relates to a variety of properties (exo/endo thermic reactions)... molecular stability, entropy, etc

4) Just point out their ignorance of quantum theory.

5) Duh?

6) Because quantum mechanics relates to the fabric of space-time and the wave properties of matter.

7) Why not?

9) Yes, but you see alot more points of light than with just your eye. Also useful for observing higher detail of planets in this solar system.

12) Light.

13) That's what it is?

15) Don't take your own blood sample. NO, BAD. NO PUTTING NEEDLES IN YOURSELF UNTIL YOU HAVE REAL TRAINING AND HEALTH EDUCATION.

10) those of you common with the theory of quantum mechanics no that when a photon hits an electron e.g. in a chlorophyll molecule it goes up one energy level.

13)I thought it was a bit niave but still would be a nice idea if....

15) I dont quite see your quarms with this if it is a sterile needle from a lab supplies place

Pardon?

needles do not "annoy/upset" me, the nature of the question does considering your previous posts in other threads!

"Anyway please answer updated questions in this thread " is that a Direct order Sir?

'Upset' us?

the reason weve advised you not to do this is because its a ridiculously stupid, moronic, ignorant thing to do - you wont gain anything out of it.

Question 10 is completely uncomprehensible. Youll have to rephrase it because I have no idea what your talking about.

Similar with question 13. 'romantic'???

ed84c said in post # :

15) I dont quite see your quarms with this if it is a sterile needle from a lab supplies place

An air bubble would kill you, not cleaning your skin properly would give you a nasty bacterial infection, impurities in stuff you're injecting could kill you or make you very (very) sick, if you miss the vein you'll get an abscess that has to be surgically removed, if you miss the vein and hit an artery you'll get large amounts of internal bleeding, the list goes on and on. I just hope you live in a state where needles are prescription only.

this kid reminds me of myself at that age, except without wondering if my eyesight would improve if i inject NH3 and green gas into my cornea.... but hey all is well.

when u ask question 10, are u asking why this doesnt happen in all atoms? It typically does.

When a single atom of (H) is introduced to say, heat energy, the single valence electron jumps up to increasing shells because of the excess energy it is receiving. As this energy decreases, the electron falls back down to its original orbital and as its falling, it gives off this energy in the form of light.

i can only say ed84c "you must be able to walk before you can run"

Although i was the same at your age, why bother with thermodynamics? it will only confuse you in some matters(unless your a 14 year old in year 13/university student)

ed84c said in post # :

Forget the damn needles then as none of you ever give unique answers to that

did you ever for once even consider that maybe JUST MAYBE! there is no "Unique" answer to give?

and the fact that the majority of us that give the SAME answer might mean we could actualy be RIGHT?

think about it :)

• 4 months later...

2) Why is it that energy produces bonds e.g. 2H2 + 02 = 2H20 while the same happens with breaking bonds?

3) Why can you not predict what happened 3mins before the beginning of the universe?

4) Are you trying to argue against the teacher? anyways, "How would you explain the quantum view of the universe to somebody who believes that every position of everything in the universe is predefined because you can workout the result of an event" (i believe in the predefinedness =))

5) What is the point of the zeroth law of thermodynamics - If A=B And B=C then A must = C (uh, its common sense)

6)What are those 3D animated graphs of quantum mechanics that show like a sheet jumping up and down- what do they represent?? (i dont understand this cuz i dont do that stuff)

7) Why does N2 have an odd number of neutrons (O_O i dont know, but mr YT says its cuz its a molecule =))

8) Why is NH3 Alkaline (im starting to feel stupid)

9) Is there any point in looking at stars through a small telescope/binocular, surely you will only see a point of light? (o_o you get to see it more clearly O_O)

10) When light hits an electron it jumps an electron orbit; how come all things lighted dont have that effect? (did i rephrase it correctly?)

11) Are there photons in elctromagnetic waves? (isnt gamma ray a photon thing =/)

12) What are photons pockets made of? I think they are made of photons

13) Did anybody else have the romantic idea of a candle-lit dinner?

14)What is the result of a reaction between CuSO4+ Sodium Bicarbinate= A gas and Green what?? (i think it results in a gas and more green gas)

15) Don't you put it in your mouth.. (dont you put it in your mouth) you could get sick! bleh.. very sick bleh!! (i loved this song =))

woot!! the power of my teenage mind i have rephrased for all you ppl cuz you guys helped me so much =)

I think it's a condition, artherosclerosis is the disease, but the definitions are blurry.

2) Why is it that energy produces bonds e.g. 2H2 + 02 = 2H20 while the same happens with breaking bonds?

Energy "produces" bonds? wtf?

3) Why can you not predict what happened 3mins before the beginning of the universe?

Because time as we define it did not exist before the beginning of the universe.

4) Are you trying to argue against the teacher? anyways, "How would you explain the quantum view of the universe to somebody who believes that every position of everything in the universe is predefined because you can workout the result of an event" (i believe in the predefinedness =))

By the use of a wet fish, a large box and the vast amount of experimental evidence that supports the quantum view of the universe.

5) What is the point of the zeroth law of thermodynamics - If A=B And B=C then A must = C (uh, its common sense)

Not when you put actualities into the equation. Sometimes A=C can be counter-intuitive.

6)What are those 3D animated graphs of quantum mechanics that show like a sheet jumping up and down- what do they represent?? (i dont understand this cuz i dont do that stuff)

Are you talking about the wave function? If so it is the probability distribution of a particle (usually an electron) above a minimum probability (e.g. everything with above a 95% probability of finding an electron is inside the distribution and everything lower is outside).

7) Why does N2 have an odd number of neutrons (O_O i dont know, but mr YT says its cuz its a molecule =))

I thought it had an even number of neutrons.

8) Why is NH3 Alkaline (im starting to feel stupid)

Ammonia dissolves in water to form ammonium and a hydroxyl ion.

NH3 + H20 => NH4+ + OH- this reduces the number of free protons in the solution thus increasing the pH.

9) Is there any point in looking at stars through a small telescope/binocular, surely you will only see a point of light? (o_o you get to see it more clearly O_O)

Answered your own question there.

10) When light hits an electron it jumps an electron orbit; how come all things lighted dont have that effect? (did i rephrase it correctly?)

Be very careful, I think you mean that when a photon excites an electron in a certain atomic orbital it can change orbit. The reason why this does not occur with everything is that the whole system is quantised and that means thresholds have to be reached (i.e. you need certain amounts of energy to excite electrons into different states). A lot of excitations that are studied require UV or X-ray photons - however there are many electron excitations going on all around you, everywhere.

11) Are there photons in elctromagnetic waves? (isnt gamma ray a photon thing =/)

A photon is a quantised "packet" of light - light is electromagnetic radiation (gamma rays are light and hence are electromagnetic radiation (or vice versa)).

12) What are photons pockets made of? I think they are made of photons

Photon pockets??

13) Did anybody else have the romantic idea of a candle-lit dinner?

I think the french invented it.

14)What is the result of a reaction between CuSO4+ Sodium Bicarbinate= A gas and Green what?? (i think it results in a gas and more green gas)

CuSO4(aq) + 2 NaHCO3(aq) => CuCO3(s) + Na2SO4(aq) + CO2(g) + H2O

The green solid is copper carbonate.

15) Don't you put it in your mouth.. (dont you put it in your mouth) you could get sick! bleh.. very sick bleh!! (i loved this song =))

That isn't a question