Are Nuclear Weapons Real or Fake?

ChuckWest

don`t forget Adam as well, actually he was a little before my time too, but I can still see his posts in our "Special area" hall of shame :D

How could I forget Adam?

/me is ashamed

and thank FSM that they're banished to the pits of firey cracked pottery.

What about the berries on Mars and the goats that eat them? How can you not love those threads?

I have a light fiction book called The Jesus Factor by Edwin Corley. The underlying idea is that, for an unknown reason (the Jesus factor of the title) atomic bombs will explode when stationary on the ground, but not when dropped from a plane, or launched by a missile.

The author then builds an entertaining structure to explain the Japanese bombs, involving diverted fire bombing missions, low level explosion of powerful photographic flares to simulate the flash, dispersal of radioactive material, and patient waiting for an anticipated earthquake.

I haven't read the book since the 1970s, but it was almost as entertaining as this thread. (It was probably more convincing.)

Nice find, thanks for passing that along.

I think IA has it. The region appears to have a number of Caldera some quite large, so it was probably magma venting elsewhere.

You must not have met our good friend Zarkov.....or Extrasense....there were so many good ones.

Ah Extrasense, even with the extra one his ideas still made none.:D

You must not have met our good friend Zarkov.....or Extrasense....there were so many good ones.

I read some of their threads. While they were hilarious, I'm not so certain that they were as paranoid as this guy. However, Extrasense's claims of goats on Mars made me laugh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...