The First man was black?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if you're talking about a theistic theory of origins or an evolutionary theory; because you included sin.

Based on evolutionary theory, they were probably dark skinned. Considering the region of the world they came form.

I'm not sure what the theories regarding skin color are. I would assume that the pigment gradually lightened as they moved north. I'd have to bust out my anthropology book, which I don't have right now.

Darker skin color is the result of production of a chemical called melanin. It was an advantage to have this in regions near the equator as it protects your skin from the sun. In regions farther north, the sun is not a big a factor, so it became a disadvantage to produce so much of an unneeded chemical.

Maybe there were different feelings towards albinos but they are a rare genetic condition. There never was enough of them to move as a race to Europe. The people spread into Europe about 35,000 years ago and lived mostly nomadic until about 10,000 years ago when evidence of settlement has been discovered.

Then 7,000 years ago we start seeing stone constructions and monuments.

It seems over a short period of 25,000 years with high mortality rates and natural selection the evolution of lighter skin was favored in Europe, especially red hair and very light skin in far British Isles. Evolution was compressed due to short life cycles and pressures for survival.

Just my reading of the research to date and my thoughts.

Just aman

First of all, there's a huge difference between white people and albino people. Albino people are actually missing the gene the codes for melanin, which also affects hair growth (they have no hair on their body).

Second of all, if you actually read my post, and subscribe to the theory life originated in africa (which has the most evidence), then you could conclude that the first man was indeed black. The first "men" had no concept of sin or prejudice, these are higher social functions that came after the development of language.

I agree with you Faf. The only sin in these days of early migration was to be weak. Maybe albinos in Africa were guilty of this "sin" since they had low tolerance to the sun and vision problems. Other than that any healthy birth was welcome.

Just aman

Fafalone mentioned it is a genetic problem where a certain gene is missing after conception so the person is constructed with some instructions missing before birth. After birth it is not possible so far to reverse the deficiencies.

Just aman

• 1 month later...

I like the archeological arguments that the first true hominids and human ancestors can be traced to Africa by fossil records. There doesn't seem to be much argument against dark skin being favored near the equator anywhere around the world.

Just aman

• 4 weeks later...

I think so, yes, since for example in people having albinism the melanin is lacking at all, an thus they do even not have any pigments in their eyes, thus have red eyes, I think. However, most white people do have "colored". It might be similar with the hair colors.