Global Warming is Bunk

Geodude

OK its parodies is it? Ill play.

Geo' date=' we all know for fact that we are causing global warming because we have a graph of co2 increases in the last 30 years that match so well with the earth getting hotter in the same period, that the only conclusion is global warming is our fault.

[/quote']

Ok, so now your going from THEORY to FACT. Great! So, in principle since you say that your theory is so good it is unfalsifiable. Real scientific there. Haven't you ever heard that correlation does not equal causation? The same applies to your so called "fact". No wonder why we haven't been able to solve any ACTUAL problems.

Also you are nothing but a creationist for not believing something so scientific as this, which is for fact more certain than evolution, nurnurnurnurnur :P

I'm afraid the reverse is true for you. YOU are nothing but a creationist for believing in junk science. Have you any data to support your claim? Or are you just going to be like everyone else and not think critically about this?

Why would I infract you, iNow? You stopped attacking him; good for you. You do realize, I hope, that he also earned infractions in this thread (and glancing at the above I see he's about to earn another one).

I don't think Geodude is being a troll, I think he's frustrated from banging his head against a wall of facts, truths and (to be blunt) locally-accepted norms. I could join you in calling him out for failing to defend his evidence, or remind him that telling people to google is not productive, but in the end he's going to have to learn the hard way that minds are pretty well set on this issue here, for better or worse. And you guys are doing just fine without my underinformed help. :)

Geodude, IMO the best that GW opponents can really accomplish on a regular basis here at SFN are efforts like those of SkepticLance who can routinely hold his own on the sub-issue of the level of human contribution to GW. That's about it. Whether that's a reflection on a higher truth, or just a local social thing, well, I'm not qualified to say. I defer to those more intelligent and informed on the subject, and I have to say they have a lot of intelligent things to say. You should hear them out rather than storm in here with your own conclusions.

It has been my experience that debate is about listening far more than it is about speaking. I have learned a LOT about global warming by listening and paying attention here, even when I was strongly inclined to think another way.

Ok here is the proof that global warming is our fault(you wont be able to understand it though because creationist type people dont understand percentages):

Gee, can't you be more creative with you insults. Seriously, do you think that I will actually be bothered by that! HA! They are just as pathetic as you are.

I don't think Geodude is being a troll, I think he's frustrated from banging his head against a wall of facts, truths and (to be blunt) locally-accepted norms. I could join you in calling him out for failing to defend his evidence, or remind him that telling people to google is not productive, but in the end he's going to have to learn the hard way that minds are pretty well set on this issue here, for better or worse. And you guys are doing just fine without my underinformed help. :)

Thanks, I guess.... I already promised to be more specific when needed.

Geodude, IMO the best that GW opponents can really accomplish on a regular basis here at SFN are efforts like those of SkepticLance who can routinely hold his own on the sub-issue of the level of human contribution to GW. That's about it. Whether that's a reflection on a higher truth, or just a local social thing, well, I'm not qualified to say. I defer to those more intelligent and informed on the subject, and I have to say they have a lot of intelligent things to say. You should hear them out rather than storm in here with your own conclusions.

I read them.

It has been my experience that debate is about listening far more than it is about speaking. I have learned a LOT about global warming by listening and paying attention here, even when I was strongly inclined to think another way.

I have too, but so far most on this thread, except for maybe lucaspa or CDarwin or 1veedo actually done that. I think you should tell that to the rest of the membership.

Dont come the idiot, you know full well Im parodying the type of guys you are a sockpuppet of. Just as you are parodying me. Who are you really? the guy with the judo avatar?

Excuse me? You actually believe that I am a sockpuppet! Geez, it seems as if you'll do anything to win an argument. You've already discredited yourself with your lame insults you know.

I'd like to thank geodude for that last graph. It shows the point I made earlier. Since (roughly) WWII the sun's activity has been largely constant but the temperature has risen.

I think the data since then (broadly) are the most reliable so I think they ought to carry more weight.

Go for it, and I shall take his place!

duh... GLOBAWL WARMING IS A LIE! DUH, EVERY DAY IT GETS HOTTER, AND THATS THE SUNS FAULT SO SO IS GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL!!!

pchart1.jpg

It's big because it's findings are OH SO AMAZING!

CO2 doesn't even keep heat in that well either. Methane, for example, is 25 times more potent.
We've actually put a lot more methane in the atmosphere than CO2. Not by volume but where CO2 has increased about 100 ppm to 380ish, methane has gone up from ~700ppb to 1700ppb. The effects of CO2 as a direct greenhouse gas though isn't the reason CO2 is so potent. CO2 effects many other climate systems and it has the effect that it increases the amount of water vapour in the atmosphere which traps a lot of heat in the climate.
Plus, it spews out a huge amount of CO2 during eruptions, far more than humans do in a single year in that single instant.
No, the data CDarwin posted clearly shows that volcanoes amount to about 1% of CO2 by volume. I always find it amusing when global warming deniers talk about volcanoes because volcanoes actually have the effect that they cool down the Earth. Yeah, volcanoes might be hot if you're standing right next to one but their impact on the climate is one of cooling, not warming.
Not really, extrapolated over millions, or even thousands of years, CO2 concentrations were either much smaller or much larger. Humans weren't around then. What makes this situation any different?
Right now, not millions of years ago, humans are pumping CO2 and other ghgs into the atmosphere which have sense like 1750 increased the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere from ~280 to ~380ppm (and rising, I can never keep track of the "current" amount but it's up there at 380).

Tsk, you an your facts :P

ROFL!!!

[graph]

It's big because it's findings are OH SO AMAZING!

Oh? then how do you explain that piracy is centred around the equator, which is hotter than the rest of the world?

http://www.icc-ccs.org/extra/display.php

eh? eh? how do you explain that, mr GW-is-anthropogenic-even-if-i-have-to-resort-to-blaming-pirates-to-prove-it?

Tsk, you an your facts :P

Oh? then how do you explain that piracy is centred around the equator, which is hotter than the rest of the world?

http://www.icc-ccs.org/extra/display.php

eh? eh? how do you explain that, mr GW-is-anthropogenic-even-if-i-have-to-resort-to-blaming-pirates-to-prove-it?

pirates appear to cool the world because they attract heat to themselves so the the areas where the pirates hang out tends to be warmer than everywhere else.

We've actually put a lot more methane in the atmosphere than CO2. Not by volume but where CO2 has increased about 100 ppm to 380ish, methane has gone up from ~700ppb to 1700ppb. The effects of CO2 as a direct greenhouse gas though isn't the reason CO2 is so potent. CO2 effects many other climate systems and it has the effect that it increases the amount of water vapour in the atmosphere which traps a lot of heat in the climate.No, the data CDarwin posted clearly shows that volcanoes amount to about 1% of CO2 by volume. I always find it amusing when global warming deniers talk about volcanoes because volcanoes actually have the effect that they cool down the Earth. Yeah, volcanoes might be hot if you're standing right next to one but their impact on the climate is one of cooling, not warming.Right now, not millions of years ago, humans are pumping CO2 and other ghgs into the atmosphere which have sense like 1750 increased the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere from ~280 to ~380ppm (and rising, I can never keep track of the "current" amount but it's up there at 380).

1veedo, this guy was a troll in case you haven't noticed. But if you want to continue the argument against him, do it here, and see if he gives a rat's ass :rolleyes: : http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=368469#post368469

Go for it, and I shall take his place!

duh... GLOBAWL WARMING IS A LIE! DUH, EVERY DAY IT GETS HOTTER, AND THATS THE SUNS FAULT SO SO IS GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N0000!!!!!!!! it IS PIRTES!!!!! LOOOOK @ TH3 L@ARGE GRAF!!!!!!! ITS TH4T B1G BECAUSE ITS SOO TROOO!!!!

LOL!!

N0000!!!!!!!! it IS PIRTES!!!!! LOOOOK @ TH3 L@ARGE GRAF!!!!!!! ITS TH4T B1G BECAUSE ITS SOO TROOO!!!!

LOL!!

j00 |2 73h 5700p3|)!

It's the freakin cows! Read the link in my other post!

ATOMIKPSYCHO IS A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's weird because I heard Alex Jones today say that global warming was part of the cover story by "the elites" to blame future disease and plagues and catastrophes on to fulfill their plan to rid 80% of the population of the earth.

But then, when you consider the pirates and the fact that graph is so big...I don't know what to believe anymore...

That big graph is very persuasive. I strongly doubt the veracity of the numbers, however. Only 17 pirates in 2000? Pirates are still here, they have just switched their hats. How else do you explain the audacity of selling tap water that costs pennies a gallon as spring water for a piece of eight a pint? Or adding air to yogurt and selling it for more than twice the cost of unaired yogurt? Piracy!