to send something to space!

aviv8

the lid would have been vapourised in the first few milliseconds. assuming it remained whole. if it didn't then you would be talking microseconds before complete vapourisation. 11,200 ms^-1 is extremely fast(escape velocity) and the lid was probably travelling a bit faster.

You must also remember that escape velocity, ignores friction, and that once you get to infinity your velocity is 0... (of if you are just working out a height velocity, not infinity then your velocity at that height is 0).

Yep... :)

One tip though, the [sup ][/sup ] and [sub ][/sub ] tags without spaces are quite usefully ;)

lol that would help allot, thanks :) I'm trying to learn LaTeX at the moment, not going to badly :D

if you actuallly integrate x^-2 starting from 1, the ingegral will never exceed 1.

so if you have velocity 1.5, and you start from 1, as you approach infinity, your velocity approaches 0.5.

it sort of makes sense, it means that there's a finite amount of potential energy no matter what the distances are. (allowing an infinite universe with finite contents?)

the lid was supposedly about a metre thick of steel so there wasn't a chance in hell that it actually got anywhere but the math behind it pointed to escape velocity.

Well, the easiest way is to blow up earth. It probably doesn't take 6.5 billion dollars to do that... maybe 6+ billion people... Afterwards, just use the earth to thrust whatever object you need thrusted.

• 5 weeks later...

Somone once told me about how you could fly and plane verry high then light the rocket to boost the plane the extra distance.

To the people on the first page of this thread:

Please try not to troll. We all started somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Most all modern or used means are simply chemical rockets, well its not simple but that’s what’s used. You have to have enough to reach escape velocity for the object in relation to how long it will take to basically reach a point that it could be in space or at a point in which it could take on an orbit, which I am sure is a unholy amount of math all together on its own, which then means you need something to do that, like a computer for instance, and in reality I would not mess with it as it took lots of people a lot of time to do this and a slip with the fuel probably would annihilate a large section of the earth you happen to be in, not to mention if you miss something in the math and the rocket decides to travel in a different direction or something.

i want to send somthing to space.

for this i need guide how to build rocket engine

and someone that donate money for this project.

This just became a spam solicitation. Come back when you have the funding. Thread closed.