Reputation points

Royston

Maybe I'm living up to my name and being a bit slow here...I've tried searching this as well, so sorry if I've missed something, but I noticed a little 'scales' icon next to the 'report post' icon.

Apparently I have 10 reputation points...though I don't have the foggiest idea what that means ?

everyone should have them by now also.

Basically it`s a system whereby you post something, and if someone thinks it Good or Helpfull etc.. they can click that and let you know.

it doesn`t work the other way around though, if they disapprove they cant give you Bad points or take points away.

it`s a Nice thing Only.

you may View your points and comments by clicking on your UserCP in the top bar.

How do you give reputation points ?

I only have the "scales" icon on my own posts.

When hovering above it, it says "Add to Spyman's Reputation".

When clicking it, it says "This post has not received any reputation."

and "You currently have 10 reputation point(s)."

Would be nice to find where the points comes from, and knowing other members points too.

EDIT: Can't seem to find the points under the "User CP" either.

everyone starts off with a default 10 points.

and no, when I recommended this system, I was specific that all points and comments should be for the Users eyes only.

this is Not about Competition!

it`s just a way to show appreciation, nothing else.

Try F5 or Refresh the current page. It may be a rendering glitch so even closing your browser and reopening may be necessary.

Did not help.

EDIT: Thanks for the reputation points !

(My points and comments shows up in my User CP now.)

It may only be set up for Staff atm. You will have access when the kinks are worked out (I know, some of you *like* a little kink). The Admins often use us Mods as guinea pigs for their nefarious schemes.

For instance, someone from the Staff recently set my hair on fire by using my internet connection. When I find out who it was, I'm going to... um... er... well, I'm not going to give them reputation points, that's for sure!

why is it a nice thing only? i mean if we gave te more persistant trolls negative points (and made them viewable) then it might let newbies know that the troll isn't to be trusted. then again, its your call.
Past experience. People take offense at one post and start giving negative rep whenever that poster says anything. We want to keep this a positive thang.

it might breed jealousy or favoritism and complaints also.

as I said, It`s Not a competition here, it`s a nice Quick way to leave a one sentence remark that you liked a post, it`s as private as the Other way which was to send a PM, but a lot less hassle :)

I can't even find a way to see how many points I have in the User CP section. Maybe I am being thick though.

I am glad that you don't allow bad marks, since I seem to bring out the worst in people...

Edit: Though clicking on the scales does tell me.

Seem like there is a reputation system in place, but oddly only for me, I see my green bar/box and if I click it says I have 10 rep points. I'vw had this at another forum, so I know I should be able to rep others but doesn't seem to have that option.

Also I never read anything about it so is this just like a glitch?

It may only be set up for Staff atm. You will have access when the kinks are worked out (I know, some of you *like* a little kink). The Admins often use us Mods as guinea pigs for their nefarious schemes.

For instance, someone from the Staff recently set my hair on fire by using my internet connection. When I find out who it was, I'm going to... um... er... well, I'm not going to give them reputation points, that's for sure!

I was able to dole out reputation, so it appears it's been enabled down to the resident expert level, at least.