Is anyone here buying the ps3?

blackhole123

F$*% that!

Who in there right mind would spend that much, the lack of self control is FRICKEN INSANE! Is their life so incomplete that they would spend 9000$ dollars on a *shouting profanities* video game system.

People with no patience have a big issue.

This weekend, Futureshop here in my area is selling PS3 for 1/2 the price. There'll be a lot of people waiting in the line.

I never have the time to play video consoles because I'm too busy with university. But one of my friend is going to buy Nintendo Wii, and I can't wait for that. I'm particularly excitied about the new game - Zelda: The Twilight Princess. :cool:

I find those that do that so very sad. If I ever buy a game console, I'll wait until it's dirt cheap. The games will still be around, and THEY will be dirt cheap. Sort of like waiting until the PS3 is out to buy a PS2. In the end, only you benefit, and the market can screw itself.

P.S: This is why patience is a virtue. Haha

I find those that do that so very sad. If I ever buy a game console, I'll wait until it's dirt cheap. The games will still be around, and THEY will be dirt cheap. Sort of like waiting until the PS3 is out to buy a PS2. In the end, only you benefit, and the market can screw itself.

P.S: This is why patience is a virtue. Haha

Then you loose all the time you could have had with the game!

I waited in line for Halo 2, and beat most of the game before school the next morning :P

I'm not going to because of the money, and besides, I'd prefer to spend money on upgrading my computer.

However I think the PS3 is the best console out there and I wish it the best of luck with its blu-ray disk and I can't wait until The Cell (the processor inside the PS3) is reverse engineered for PCs.

Nobody is buying PS3s. Haven't you all heard? The economy is in the crapper, the world is just about out of oil, government corruption is rampant, nobody has any healthcare except the "privileged elite", creation is being taught over evolution, the entire next generation is dying in Iraq, and the government was behind 9/11.

Sony won't sell a single unit!

(Phi whispers in Pangloss' ear.)

Oh, um, er, right... That's the online reality. Sorry about that.

Nobody is buying PS3s. Haven't you all heard? The economy is in the crapper, the world is just about out of oil, government corruption is rampant, nobody has any healthcare except the "privileged elite", creation is being taught over evolution, the entire next generation is dying in Iraq, and the government was behind 9/11.

Sony won't sell a single unit!

(Phi whispers in Pangloss' ear.)

Oh, um, er, right... That's the online reality. Sorry about that.

There seems to be some undertones of sarcasm in that message but I can't see them. :P

im with jeremyhfht: the release of the ps3 is an omen, indicating that the time to buy a ps2 is nearly upon us.

dirt cheap console, with dirt cheap games.

it also, in theory, marks the point at which people stop caring enough about ps1 games that d/l'ing the roms from the net will become as quasi-legal as d/l'ing snes roms. hopefully.

I'm leaning heavily towards the Wii at this moment -- if only for price reasons (and the ability to download NES / SNES games for $5; and the neat controller idea). I'll likely end up getting a PS3 when the price drops significantly.

I can think of many other things I can do with $600 USD. Hmm, let me name a few:

1. Buy clothes and some new shoes. $150 USD

- Money left: $450

2. Buy a reprographic copy stand. $150 USD.

- Money left: $300

3. Talk to a pretty lady and buy her dinner. $300 USD.

- Money left: $0.

Might I remind you that we had a great dinner.