I don't know what to look for!

Dr. Dalek

Latly I've been feeling a bit nostagic and have been trying to search the internet for old firends.

One person I have been looking for graduated when I was a sophmore in high school and I thought went to UMaine like me. However whne I came here I did not find her, either physicaly or in the directory. I know that her family moved to North Carolina half a year after she graduated. How might I be able to find this old firend?

My mom was trying to find a long lost cousin. They tried sites like that to no avail. Finally, my Aunt did a simple google search, and we got hits right away. It turns out, he's plays in the Alabama philharmonic now, and so he's all over the web. So, maybe a google search would work for you?

ecoli, not every body is in such a prominent position to be picked up on google. being in an orchestra means that you name is likely to be on a site about the orchestra, being a shelfstacker in a supermarket means your very unlikely to crop up on a google search.

ecoli, not every body is in such a prominent position to be picked up on google. being in an orchestra means that you name is likely to be on a site about the orchestra, being a shelfstacker in a supermarket means your very unlikely to crop up on a google search.

And since there's no telling what these people have gone on to do in their lives, a google search is probably a good idea.

Apparently my ex girlfriend from a long freaking time ago didn't make the orchestra or anything similar cause I can't find her with google or any other kind of people search.

Why not try? It's not hard.

Latly I've been feeling a bit nostagic and have been trying to search the internet for old firends.

One person I have been looking for graduated when I was a sophmore in high school and I thought went to UMaine like me. However whne I came here I did not find her, either physicaly or in the directory. I know that her family moved to North Carolina half a year after she graduated. How might I be able to find this old firend?

Use the phone - call old friends. Depending on how long out of school, call the school, maybe find out who is organizing reunions, teachers, etc.

The personal route will probably be more interesting as well. :)

Why not try? It's not hard.

Exactly. Half the wired world seemingly has a blog, or at least a website. The difficulty with cyberstalking searching for women is that they may have changed their name (married, witness relocation, restraining order. Y'know — standard stuff)

heh, i'm on a few places on the intar web but google won't turn me up of some reason.

I'm on several separate webpages that turn up on Google, related to various science or music projects that I'm a part of.

You're assuming she wants to be found right?

Daytime talk shows have episodes where they get a person who had a crush on someone years ago, and they never did anything about it, but now they want to see this person again. You could call one of those shows and have them track down who you are looking for. Even if it isn't for romance you could just play along and then say "the old spark just ain't there". The shows usually pay for a date. So you could at least get a trip and a meal out of it.

Good luck!

Work smarter not harder.