The Life of Gates

chris

For school I had to do a report on the Anti-Trust lawsuit thats still going on. And when I was looking up inormation about it. I came to some on Bill Gates life. Now, Bill Gates wasnt lucky. And yes he is a normal man. I don't care what you say. Gates wasn't lucky. He simply marketed the right thing at the right time. Don't be jealous cause he has more money then you. He took an idea, and had a good marketing pitch. He started off programing small stuff for companies then created microsoft. And launced his first OS from there. He's not lucky, he knew what he was doing. Calling Bill Gates lucky is just showing your ignorant. Calling him anything else, is aOk.

Bill Gates took sole credit for a project he developed with a group of people. Granted he may have given them very suitable jobs and/or patent money, but he still is the only one associated with the name "Microsoft". Capitalist America.

i still say he's lucky

back then EVERYONE was stealing from each other, everyone always says oh poor apple poor apple they got ripped off...um no, they stole information too. companies like xerox and even hewlett packard got ripped off, granted it was there own fault for still living in the "what do normal people need with computers" train of though, but the people who worked on that stuff werent in that state of mind, they knew. there only mistake was working for a company that didnt.

he was shrewd of course , but it still needed luck, even if that luck was simply the fact that he was born in the right time, os's were needed back then, not as much now. everyone hates the way windows is the diminant os, well too bad, someone has to be on top. we cant have a million different operating systems running around for many reasons. for one...programmers, ther will be a shortage of programmers for half of those os's and i for one am not going to learn how to program 100 different API's for 100 different os's. you cant expect companies that make software such as games to rewrite there own code so many times. Someone has to be up there and its him ;o\

I don't know a lucky person worth a diddly. Hard working and get what you earned or sometimes earn lots people have the wisdom for the power their money brings.

If Bill Gates is using his money wisely, making the world better, he earned it. If he's a dick, he was lucky.

Just aman

I disagree with this "luck" theory. Luck would be if Bill Gates was falling off a bridge, and was saved by a Windows OS box at the last minute....Luck would be if Bill Gates was eating a box of Chips Ahoy! cookies, and suddenly bit down, and a CD-Rom of Windows OS was in his cookie. The fact that Bill Gates and others developed one of the most graphical Computer Operating Systems of our time, (granted it's not the most stable...but they're getting there) does not constitute him as lucky. I'll also give you the benefit of his previous hard work not reflecting his work today, but would you want to do anything when you're worth over $100 Billion? Capitalist America is what it is, competive, Bill Gates was not lucky, just won the race to build a "stable" User Operating System.

More like he won the race to marketing his OS.

Other people(apple) had similar OS, bill gates was just a good business man.

Good business = good money.

He could spend a million bucks a day till the day he died, and still die a billionaire. :/

i think i put in there that he wasn't lucky and calling him lucky is being ignorant. He was just a good buisness man. plain and simple. just cause hes a billonaire cause he helped create the microsoft empire. would you get mad at the man who created velcro? hes a bazlionare too. stop complaing people about bill gates cause your jealous of his wealth. and do what i do. write him 500 times a day asking for money to go to college. ;)

• 3 months later...

I love it how MS's advertisements aren't as bulk as MacOS ads, and MS still beats their ass in marketting..

The longest MS commercial I seen was about 5 seconds long showing the Windows XP backround (the grassy hill), and a windows logo waving in the backround.

How do they manage to still whoop ass?

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by chris

For school I had to do a report on the Anti-Trust lawsuit thats still going on. And when I was looking up inormation about it. I came to some on Bill Gates life. Now, Bill Gates wasnt lucky

Who cares, he bought DOS and made a crappy operating system. And managed to break the law doing it. He just plain greedy.

your ignorant. plain and simple. if you weren't such a newbie at life. you are really just very jealous of something he created that you can't. so your going to bash it and bring it down..

flamer.:lame:

Originally posted by fafalone

Windows is NOT crappy for home users. For your average computer users, Linux is utter crap. For developers and IT people, it's a whole other ball game. This is where MS makes its money.

Satisfy yourself with whatever you want. It does not matter anyway. But do you know how many times he has broken the law doing it! The fact that you can't uninstall Internet Explorer, it just becomes hidden.

Originally posted by chris

your ignorant. plain and simple. if you weren't such a newbie at life. you are really just very jealous of something he created that you can't. so your going to bash it and bring it down..

flamer.:lame:

I'm not jealous of Windoze, not at all. I have my own operating system that can run Windose applications.

Bill gates was smart yes, just not the kind that would lead him to invent what everyone thinks he did. he had the kind of brains it would take to steal someone's work and market it as his own^_^ thus causing everything to be his:lame:

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by fafalone

Like I really care about IE on my system. It's the best browser by far, no sane person denies it.

Oh and Wine can't run all windows apps. It can't run most high-end games and apps at all.

Mozilla is a better browser in my opinion because it can block ads.

Originally posted by Dudde

Bill gates was smart yes, just not the kind that would lead him to invent what everyone thinks he did. he had the kind of brains it would take to steal someone's work and market it as his own^_^ thus causing everything to be his:lame:

Bill was the first to release BASIC to major corporations such as IBM, face it, without him there would be know Linux... because Linux was based on BASIC. I would have to say the Bill is very successful in the computer industry though I do not agree with his monopoly schemes.