Superman Becomes Politically Correct

Pangloss

Producers of the new Superman movie removed the phrase "... and the American way" from Superman's motto.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theworldnewser/2006/06/superman_the_am.html

Guess that's Hollywood for ya. But there's also an economic aspect, in the sense that this movie will be sold in overseas markets. Bah, some things just aren't right.

I`m glad they dropped it' date=' I mean, what IS "the american way" anyway?

it`s a bit of a Non-Statement really isn`t it.[/quote']

The anti communist, imperialistic, capitalist health care, pro judeo-christian, white mans way?

Assuming Krypton is in our galaxy, perhaps he could stand for truth, justice and the milky way.

It isn't. The Superman Movie talks of the 28 known galaxies and how each has their own set of physical laws.

It isn't. The Superman Movie talks of the 28 known galaxies and how each has their own set of physical laws.
Immigration improves everyone's quality of life, but if Superman thinks he can come here, take advantage of our system, flout our laws and use his x-ray vision on our women, well, I guess he does understand "the American way".

He used to say "the American way" so that he was less likely to be deported.

Now with all the other illegal aliens he's like "Hey, I can finally drop the act!".

Plus Super Man is into multiculturalism now, and believes his people the Kryptonians were discriminated against in some way, and deserve special compensation. :-(

According to Statistics, 3/4ths of Kryptonians(Super Man II, that general, his goon, and that Kryptonian Woman, who were shipped out in the small glass package thing) have been imprisoned, now is it that Kryptonians are more likely to be criminals, or is it just a racist system. You tell me.:mad:

Furthermore, Kryptonians who come to United States, do far more work than most people in the United States, and are far more abled, and yet they are paid nearly the same, if not less than an average office worker.

Do you call that justice? :confused:

Furthermore, Supermans Fortress of Solitude was ransacked and robbed by Lex Luther, a rich white male American of the Upper Class :eek: , and police have done absolutely nothing to catch Lex Luther, and/or demand justice:mad: . Now, can you honestly tell me, that if this was a rich white womans, or a rich white male American Human, that the police wouldn't be all over it?

Can you really blame him for dropping "the American way" when the system discriminates against his people so much?

:P :-p :P :-p :P :-p :P :-p :P :-p :P :-p :P :-p :P :-p :P :-p :D:)

He used to say "the American way" so that he was less likely to be deported.

Now with all the other illegal aliens he's like "Hey' date=' I can finally drop the act!".

Plus Super Man is into multiculturalism now, and believes his people the Kryptonians were discriminated against in some way, and deserve special compensation. :-(

According to Statistics, 3/4ths of Kryptonians(Super Man II, that general, his goon, and that Kryptonian Woman, who were shipped out in the small glass package thing) have been imprisoned, now is it that Kryptonians are more likely to be criminals, or is it just a racist system. You tell me.:mad:

Furthermore, Kryptonians who come to United States, do far more work than most people in the United States, and are far more abled, and yet they are paid nearly the same, if not less than an average office worker.

Do you call that justice? :confused:

Furthermore, Supermans Fortress of Solitude was ransacked and robbed by Lex Luther, a rich white male American of the Upper Class :eek: , and police have done absolutely nothing to catch Lex Luther, and/or demand justice:mad: . Now, can you honestly tell me, that if this was a rich white womans, or a rich white male American Human, that the police wouldn't be all over it?

Can you really blame him for dropping "the American way" when the system discriminates against his people so much?

:P :-p :P :-p :P :-p :P :-p :P :-p :P :-p :P :-p :P :-p :P :-p :D:)[/quote']

that was awesome, thought I don't think the fortress of solitude is technically on US soil.