Relationship related rant.

the tree

This reminds me of the Matrix and Morpheus's speech about what is real. If 'real' is just signals in your brain then in a sense a dream would be 'real'. The argument concludes that 'real' cannot be only signals to the brain, it is more. Or something like that anyway!

At the end of the day if you want to do the dream thing then fair enough, if it makes you feel better then go for it... but the important thing is to remember that is NOT a substitute for the real thing... a dream is not real.

As for what Snail said... well it depends how much this is a theoretical theory or a reality.

Why do you think this is so bad? It isn't anything like drugs that could damage your health.

I disagree with this and suggest that it could be bad for your mental health. tbh I find the idea of this as weird, and tbh don't see how you could honestly say this makes anyone happy whilst walking round, wouldn't they think to themselves "this is just bs I can't fool myself"

No, I don't do this. Actually, I haven't even trained my mind to create a lucid dream yet. When I do, it will be mostly for fun. I don't have that much of a desire to escape reality. I'm just saying it is a good idea for someone who hates life and feels really unhappy. It's much better than suicide.

I sometimes look forward to my dreams.

Does that mean I need a psychiatrist too?

Not at all, I enjoy and find dreams fascinating myself. That's not the problem though is it...read the other responses, if you can't understand why herme3 needs help.

Sorry to The Tree for going off topic.

No, I don't do this. Actually, I haven't even trained my mind to create a lucid dream yet. When I do, it will be mostly for fun. I don't have that much of a desire to escape reality. I'm just saying it is a good idea for someone who hates life and feels really unhappy. It's much better than suicide.

A lobotomy as horrible as it is, would be better than suicide. I've done a decent amount of lucid dreaming, which can be entertaining.

When it comes to escapism though, escapism is very dangerous. We need social contact to stimulate ourselves with stimuli that doesn't come from ourselves. Without that, we don't grow nearly as well. Escapism can be a decent momentary relaxing reprieve, but it should only be done with the intention of revitalizing oneself before jumping back into the real world.

If someone finds the real world isn't working out for them, then they need all the more to work at it, not run away.

Not at all, I enjoy and find dreams fascinating myself. That's not the problem though is it...read the other responses, if you can't understand why herme3 needs help.

I don't need help. I wasn't talking about myself, I was just suggesting something The Tree could do. After reading his first post, it sounded like he was about to kill himself or something. However, it seems that he is feeling better now. Just make sure the world doesn't run out of toffee. :)

We all know how it feels to be lonely sometimes, and I could only imagine how difficult it must be if someone feels that way all the time. Yet, there are some people who do feel this way all the time. It must be like life is an endless tunnel of darkness with no way out. No matter how far you go, you just don't see any sign of light at the end of the tunnel.

These are the type of people who feel like they are hated by everyone. Perhaps it is all in their mind, but maybe it is because everyone they know treats them like they are nobody. They are too afraid to talk to people in the real world because they don't feel like they belong. I believe that there is probably a surprisingly large number of people out there who are like this. So, what options do people like this have? I can only think of two options for them. They can sit in the darkness waiting until the day they die, or they can try to escape the pain by using their minds. They can create a safe place where they can feel happy.

I can only think of two options for them. They can sit in the darkness waiting until the day they die, or they can try to escape the pain by using their minds. They can create a safe place where they can feel happy.

Or they could go and get professional help...rather than creating this fake fantasy land. I think anyone who wallows on the negative aspects of life needs help...and going by your posts Herme3 you clearly need some guidance. You certainly don't listen people on here who have oodles more life experience than you have, and are clearly enjoying life...wake up!

That is probably the most generic, repressed bulls*!t I've ever read. It's so clear you've never even been in a proper relationship to arrive at such assumptions. Get some experience Herme3 before making observations.

If you had any clue about relationships, you'd realise men and women think practically the same thing when it comes to 'as you say' the heart.

Like I said, some people like my advice and other people really hate it. What would you say to all the people who like my advice and tell me that they agree with me? Many of the people who really like my advice have been in relationships, and had the experience that you are talking about.

The same thing usually happens in every relationship. The guy says he loves the girl and the relationship begins. Then suddenly the guy goes running to the next girl he sees. Now the poor girl is feeling lonely and doesn't understand why the guy started the relationship in the first place.

you'd realise men and women think practically the same thing when it comes to 'as you say' the heart.

Depends on age group.

I like your advice herme3: hikikomori.

I don't like the idea of people inflicting misery on themself; I like the idea of people recognizing they are hurting others; however, people don't seem to care about others; that is what is wrong with this world.

A relationship is not necessary except for reproduction or an alliance. Although, most alliances and relationships turn bitter and rabid as each being turns against the other. Pain and hate can only come from relationships, and yet the blind do not notice how good they have it when they do not have a relationship.

It is more painful to let go of those you love than it is to be alone. It is worse to be alone forever after letting those you love go.

I like the idea of people recognizing they are hurting others; however' date=' people don't seem to care about others; that is what is wrong with this world.

A relationship is not necessary except for reproduction or an alliance. Although, most alliances and relationships turn bitter and rabid as each being turns against the other. Pain and hate can only come from relationships, and yet the blind do not notice how good they have it when they do not have a relationship.

It is more painful to let go of those you love than it is to be alone. It is worse to be alone forever after letting those you love go.[/quote']

I agree with everything you said. :)

Just listening to a song right now, here's some of the lyrics:

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

Two can be as bad as one, its the loneliest number since the number one

If you're a one then you are the loneliest number.

Two can be as bad as one (if you're dumped), but it might not be, two can be a lot lot better than one. Either way two is the loneliest number after one, so it is better regardless. And besides, everyone gets dumped and everyone gets over it. As we saw with RedAlert recently, sure he got turned down and he was all upset, but he got over it quite quickly. Never refrain from going out with something in the thought that one day you might break up. Because if you are thinking about it in the first place then you obviously have a chance, don't assume the worst for the future, you never know, you might end up married!

Have you ever had a girlfriend and what kinda age are you?

A relationship is not necessary except for reproduction or an alliance. Although' date=' most alliances and relationships turn bitter and rabid as each being turns against the other. Pain and hate can only come from relationships, and yet the blind do not notice how good they have it when they do not have a relationship.

It is more painful to let go of those you love than it is to be alone. It is worse to be alone forever after letting those you love go.[/quote']

geez, with an attitude like that, I`de change my User Name to T.S Bundy!

The same thing usually happens in every relationship. The guy says he loves the girl and the relationship begins. Then suddenly the guy goes running to the next girl he sees. Now the poor girl is feeling lonely and doesn't understand why the guy started the relationship in the first place.
(quoted from the herme3 thread)
If everyone had your point of view, all the girls would get their hearts broken and they would all be depressed. Poor girls... Why don't you start thinking about their feelings?
Some women like to think of themselves as equals, not poor little girls. They're not cudle dolls who need constant emotional support to stay alive. If I were a girl I'd probably be insulted.

Staying with your girlfriend just because you think you'll make her cry is, in the end, not worth it.

Some women like to think of themselves as equals, not poor little girls. They're not cudle dolls who need constant emotional support to stay alive. If I were a girl I'd probably be insulted.

No, I wasn't trying to make girls seems like cuddle dolls. I was trying to point out how a girl usually cares about the guy's feelings. A girl is usually worried about hurting the guy's feelings, but the guy would do or say something stupid without even thinking about her feelings. I wasn't trying to say that girls are extra sensitive, but I'm saying that many guys are insensitive.