Indigo Children, Do they exist?

PistolPete38

I was watching CSI last night, it was a show about a girl whose parents claimed she was an indigo child. She was very bright and gifted and showed a keen intuitive ability. I did a little research on the subject and most of what I found was a little out in left field. Some sites talked about auras and psychic abilities. Don't get me wrong, I believe in the potential of the human mind, I just dont think anyone who actually has such abilities is on every wednesday night on the sci fi channel or a phone call away. What i am asking is there any scientific evidence that indigo children actually exist or is it psuedo science.

Although I'm doubtful that "Indigo Children" exist, they're an extremely usful myth. Often someone who differs from the norm is easily classified as mentally ill. Einstein was believed to be retarded because he was so methadical. There's a bright radio host who had the symtoms of ADHD, now he uses it to his advantage, jumping from one field to another, he uses it to find connections in different fields. Parents who call their kids indigos are more likely to find the advantages in a child's different way of thinking.

I've just heard that they tend to be rather intelligent, with alot of social failings and a tendency to be arrogant with a very strong self-importance.

Not to mention that when psychic look at them, they supposedly see an indigo aura, which I guess is special in some way. I think i've heard they're supposed to be innately aware of a greater truth of the universe and/or god :D

I say they're definately not real in regards to the meta-stuff, which is basically how they define an indigo from any other smart brat :rolleyes:

the first 6 words of the wiki article tell me its bull. YDOAPS's previous ehh misdirections are probably the reason why he took a whole paragraph.

yeah, i should have stopped at "new age."

Well, it seems to me that, aside from all the, excuse me, bull shit, an indigo child is one who is very smart, and acts diffrently than others. Such attributes are amazingly rare, I know.

sarcasm?

I guess indigo children are not as known a phenomenon as I thought. Indigo children are said to be the most recent generation of humanity. They tend to be very bright' date=' intuitive children that are also very non conformist.

Here is a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Indigo_Children[/quote']

well, this is all nice and well, but you are not answering the most important question.

are they edible? (on that note... how many naturally blue things are edible? blueberries?)

really. evolution is progressive. this sounds like something from "Darwin's Radio".

I have heard about some people in Kentucky (from a long pedigree of inbreeding) who have problems with their hemoglobin, causing them to aquire a bluish tint. Does this have anything to do with the original question or are you talking about a completely different phenomena?

I have heard about some people in Kentucky (from a long pedigree of inbreeding) who have problems with their hemoglobin, causing them to aquire a bluish tint. Does this have anything to do with the original question or are you talking about a completely different phenomena?

or...

what about this : stanjones.jpg

or the extreme case : silver1.jpg

(this is actually argyria, but... I guess it would qualify. these aren't children though... i think)

As cool as that particular disorder is, the "Indigo Children" are basically just a bunch of stuck up twerps who a bunch of New Age believers think are more advanced than normal people, whether in mind or spirit, rather than anything physical. People claimed to be of that particular delusion get their name because their auras are allegedly indigo as seen by folks claiming to be able to see such things.

As cool as that particular disorder is, the "Indigo Children" are basically just a bunch of stuck up twerps who a bunch of New Age believers think are more advanced than normal people, whether in mind or spirit, rather than anything physical. People claimed to be of that particular delusion get their name because their auras are allegedly indigo as seen by folks claiming to be able to see such things.

Agreed.

Indigo Children: Do they exist?

Answer 1: Maybe.

Is there any scientific evidence that indigo children actually exist, or is it pseudoscience?

Answer 2a: Wikipedia: Indigo Chilren - Criticism and scientific investigation

Answer 2b: Protoscience and metaphysics.

Recommended Reading:

Who Are the Blue Ray Children?:

A response by Gordon M. Scallion