IMM as Philosphy/Religion expert?

Looking at this thread you can see that "In My Memory" is clearly very knowlegeable about Christianity and capable of making very good posts. Searching for all posts by IMM just confirms this. As far as I can tell, the Philosphy & Religion board doesn't have a resident expert so if it were to have one then IMM would be a great choice.

The Tree,

Looking at this thread you can see that "In My Memory" is clearly very knowlegeable about Christianity and capable of making very good posts. Searching for all posts by IMM[/url'] just confirms this. As far as I can tell, the Philosphy & Religion board doesn't have a resident expert so if it were to have one then IMM would be a great choice.

heart.gif

I'm not sure if I'm an "expert" per se. I used to seriously study religion (limited to Christianity) and philosophy (bioethics, political philosophy, and a scant amount of metaphysics) - I'd always wanted to be a writer or influential philosophy, or even a professor of philosophy. But before I could complete my studies, I just couldnt pay for the classes. And when I figured that I'd never have a career that would make those degrees useful, I dropped religion and philosophy all together except as a hobby. So, I'm not an "expert" for the sake that I have a lot of missing gaps that you shouldnt see in a professional, which would make me a faux philosopher with awkward specialized knowledge at best (for instance, I know about ancient Ugarit texts that revealed new knowledge of the Caananite mystery religions which probably no one outside of a few academics even know about, yet I have a real deficiency in embarassingly simple things that Logic 101 students out to have a good handle on like first-order predicate calculus :embarass: ).

But if you like my posts so much, I would be so happy to be a resident Religion/Philosophy expert :)

Best wishes!

In My Memory

if you ignore the Philosophy part of this quote:

I have a lot of missing gaps that you shouldnt see in a professional, which would make me a faux philosopher with awkward specialized knowledge at best

I can Soooooo Relate to that! esp the "Gaps" bit, I`ve never let it stop me though ;)

I can Soooooo Relate to that! esp the "Gaps" bit, I`ve never let it stop me though

Exactly. A large amount of my knowledge, especially about reptiles, is purely from extra-curricular reading and research.

Count me as a vote towards, too.

Mokele

Okay, enough. Selection of Experts and Mods is not done by the membership. Perhaps we let this thread go on too long. It was kind of nice to see such support for IMM but nominations are one thing, and accusing the Admins of being lazy because they haven't responded to the will of the people is another. Staff has been discussing the needs of the forum and decisions will be based on those needs.

The staff appreciates the interest shown in a fellow member and it is duly noted. But this is NOT our procedure and it never will be. Thread closed.