Where's the Arcade?

It came and it went :(

Well, a long time ago before my time there was one, then around the 100,000 post there was one which lasted a while.

Now thinking about it, I can't quite remember why it did go, there must be some threads about it somewhere though!

[edit] yep, here's the thread:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12329

a server change got rid of it... and it never really came back!

It came and it went :(

Well' date=' a long time ago before my time there was one, then around the 100,000 post there was one which lasted a while.

Now thinking about it, I can't quite remember why it did go, there must be some threads about it somewhere though!

[edit'] yep, here's the thread:

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12329

a server change got rid of it... and it never really came back!

Thanks! ... *tear*:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( times infinity plus infinty times A MILLION

IIRC, the arcade section disappeared around the time they were redesigning the new page... before vBulletin v3.5 came out. The arcade section was blocked for a time... (it denied all users access privladges and then dissapeared completely. It was a great loss for this community.

• 3 weeks later...
No, it had nothing to do with copyright stuff. Basically it got borked after a server upgrade, and blike's not keen on it coming back. Hence, it probably won't be back for quite some time, if ever.

Thanks for the info Dave. But I'm curious if you guys saw my suggestion on the paid subscription thread. Is it a reasonable idea to open up the arcade for donations to the server?

• 2 years later...
I don't even understand the concept you are trying to put across in this post.

The concept would be banter. Clearly the joke failed, and now to confound that failure even further, you've put me in the position of having to explain the joke, which as I'm sure you're aware, will make it even less funny, despite you didn't find it funny to start with, which is quite a feat i.e anti-funny.

I don't really need another distraction in my life right now.

Could be interpreted as, my life is far more important than anybody else's on here, so you can all go without the Arcade, because I could do without this distraction. To which I say, 'it's all about you, isn't it ecoli.'

ROFLMFAO

It's the way I tell 'em.

Back on topic, personally I'm not too into gaming, I get bored very quickly, and find most games just time killers, and rather pointless. So I'm not bothered if the Arcade is brought back or not.

The concept would be banter. Clearly the joke failed, and now to confound that failure even further, you've put me in the position of having to explain the joke, which as I'm sure you're aware, will make it even less funny, despite you didn't find it funny to start with, which is quite a feat i.e anti-funny.

nah, I got it, I'm just being difficult. >:D

Could be interpreted as, my life is far more important than anybody else's on here, so you can all go without the Arcade, because I could do without this distraction. To which I say, 'it's all about you, isn't it ecoli.'

that's the interpretation I was going for. :D